It's not your fathers Iver Johonson

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
locomotiveguy

It's not your fathers Iver Johonson

Post by locomotiveguy »

I just bought for myself an Iver Johonson longslide ported 1911 in 10 mm and 300 rounds of S&B ammo, Its in the mail.. I can't wait to check it out...
SA1911a1

Re: It's not your fathers Iver Johonson

Post by SA1911a1 »

Are they makers the same folks that make Rock Islands?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

I figure it is probably not in house and your guess is valid, we will see...
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Actually to answer your question, they are not any part of Rock Island in any way. I have pirated the following to answer this question.

"Iver Johnson Arms is a premier importer of 1911 pistols. We have a full line of 1911s in all different sizes, calibers, and finishes. All of our 1911s are Series 70 which means there is no firing pin block like in the Series 80 which can be problematic. Our 1911s come with a flat, serrated, steel mainspring housing to hold up to the rigors of an everyday shooter, and our pistols have a finger relief cut near the trigger guard for a more comfortable shooting experience. Iver Johnson 1911s are manufactured in the Philippines by Shooters Arms Manufacturing. They are made to our specifications and our design, using parts approved by Iver Johnson."
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

From what I could find, Rock Islands are made by Armscor. Also in the Philippines, but apparently a different company than Shooters Arms Manufacturing.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

All very interesting thanks for the info.