VZ-23 Czech Mauser

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Cj556

VZ-23 Czech Mauser

Post by Cj556 »

I stopped into one of my favorite gun shops to look at two pistols I had on hold. The first was a two lever Vis35 but it was mismatched so I passed. The next was a 1937 Nagant revolver refurb but nicely done and small import mark. I decided to put the Nagant on layaway, as the clerk I were walking back to the register I noticed a Czech front sight hood stacking out of the rifle rack. I must’ve missed it on the first run thinking it was a Yugo 24-47 but the clerk informed me it was indeed a VZ23 and I looked at the gun and decided it was going on layaway too. I picked both guns up the other day. The VZ23 retains its original stock and sling hardware. This model was made for a short period before the Czechs went to the VZ24. Many of both models were pressed into the service of the Reich and I believe this one was too due to the font of the number on the floorplate. There are no import marks on this example either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Vertroue in God en die Mauser"
SA1911a1

Re: VZ-23 Czech Mauser

Post by SA1911a1 »

Very nice!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
RazorBurn

Re: VZ-23 Czech Mauser

Post by RazorBurn »

That's a nice one to stumble across!!!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Longcolt44