The last ride

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
steelbuttplate

The last ride

Post by steelbuttplate »

I got this 8 yrs ago to haul deer on. It ran good for a little while and the carb. went bad. I just found a new mfg. carb this summer, got it running, and have just about quit hunting. I sold it. Oh well, it was a good idea. In low range it would pull my big ass up over 6' terraces and up my 15 percent driveway no problem. '73 model, I was 16 when it was built.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
entropy

Re: The last ride

Post by entropy »

Those are collectable, the Trail 70 even more so. Hope you got some good $$ for it.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I remember these. They were considered great trail bikes in the 70's. It had sufficient power, automatic clutch and gas tank was under the seat. I love the old Hondas.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

It all started with the Honda 50 and a TV commercial that proclaimed that, " You meet the nicest people on a Honda.".
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So what your saying is your too much an ol' fuck now for hunting or bikes? Rocking chair on the porch time so you can monitor the neighborhood kids and yell at them to get the hell off your lawn when they stray on it? I stopped hunting because some city fuck blew a huge hole in my friend thinking he was a deer, decided right there at the funeral that the shit wasn't worth the aggravation and risk anymore. Too many shitbirds in the woods shooting at anything. So, what's the new ride going to be? One of those three wheel adult tricycles so popular around south Florida condo complex's?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Thats why it was the"last ride". Probably no more riding for me. I survived 35 yrs. without wrecking, a bad spill now could be real bad. I hope to be able to walk til I die. I don't care anything about being an ancient old fart on a three wheeler, you might as well get a convertible.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote:Thats why it was the"last ride". Probably no more riding for me. I survived 35 yrs. without wrecking, a bad spill now could be real bad. I hope to be able to walk til I die. I don't care anything about being an ancient old fart on a three wheeler, you might as well get a convertible.
Funny you should mention that, I will have one available for sale in a month or so after I go through the systems. Details available privatly on request. First engine run was yesterday, needs a water pump to start with.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/zaSkYMnSPm0[/bbvideo]
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

That's really cool, but it sounds like my wife quilting machine :wink: . A little STP maybe. I would have to get one I could actually get in a and drive. A friend showed me a MG midget he got a while back, I could only get my right leg in it. That's all. They must have made those for midgets.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The noise is a bad water pump bearing, it's loose as hell and will fail soon. It's number one on the replacement list, I wanted to hear the engine run before ordering $300 worth of pumps and tune up shit. I also wanted to be sure the SU carbs hadn't shit the bed, they seem to have held up well. Austin engines held up well, no real power to speak of, but then the car is barely heavier than a riding lawn mower. the engine was also used in the Austin mini, all cast iron block and head, and probably overbuilt like everything the Brits made at that time.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote:Thats why it was the"last ride". Probably no more riding for me. I survived 35 yrs. without wrecking, a bad spill now could be real bad. I hope to be able to walk til I die. I don't care anything about being an ancient old fart on a three wheeler, you might as well get a convertible.
I feel the same way. As much as I liked street bikes I have had my last one. I don't heal as fast as I used to. I see a lot of guys my age tooling around on pimped out Harleys (no helmet) and guess that they figure they have lived long enough.

My favorite of all the bikes I owned was a BSA Victor.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum