california laws regarding ammunition

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
Maine 20th

california laws regarding ammunition

Post by Maine 20th »

not legal. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
ffuries

Re: california laws regarding ammunition

Post by ffuries »

Maine 20th wrote:not legal. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
So if you buy ammo online it has to be shipped to an FFL or licensed dealer?

Background check to buy ammo? Is this a onetime thing and after the first purchase you are flagged in a system as good to go, or is this every time you purchase ammo.

Reading online it also states you can't give ammo away legally any more. One article mentioned that they are dictating how weapons and ammo are to be stored in your house. Is there anything else I'm missing? Sounds flipping rediculas to me. Also read where some people are hoarding up on it before the new laws take effect.

So how much of this is legit and what is just internet bunk? Hope those ideals don't start creeping Eastward.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

And you yanks think our Canadian laws are brutal..

I get ammo shipped right to my door.

Don't want to sound like an arsehole but it's true..
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

I still get ammo shipped to my door haha. But I don't live in Cali either.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Do what we do and resist it by all means possible.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

ffuries wrote:
Maine 20th wrote:not legal. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
So if you buy ammo online it has to be shipped to an FFL or licensed dealer?

Background check to buy ammo? Is this a onetime thing and after the first purchase you are flagged in a system as good to go, or is this every time you purchase ammo.

Reading online it also states you can't give ammo away legally any more. One article mentioned that they are dictating how weapons and ammo are to be stored in your house. Is there anything else I'm missing? Sounds flipping rediculas to me. Also read where some people are hoarding up on it before the new laws take effect.

So how much of this is legit and what is just internet bunk? Hope those ideals don't start creeping Eastward.

Not only "legal", but it's the law on 1 Jan 2018. Even though they don't have the ability to issue Ammo licenses yet. NRA and ca pistol and rifle association is taking this to court.

To buy ammo online:
1) Must have a California ammo dealers license.
or
2) Must have a 03FFL and a California COE certificate
or
3) Law enforcement

Ammo sales within the state must be done by a licenses ammo dealer.
They are required to take your name and address and what you buy and send it to Sacramento, CA.
I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a wait, but I'm not positive on that one.

So if you are a regular Joe, you must go to a "licenses ammo dealer" and he can buy you ammo from out of state. Kind of like a 01FFL dealer and firearms. I'm sure there will be a charge making online sale expensive. That it what they are trying to do. Make it so expensive you can't or don't want to buy ammo. No ammo, and a firearm is useless.

It's going to get worse if Gavin Newson (ex-SF mayor) gets in as Governor. To this point, Brown (present Governor) likes firearms and most of the time he veto's their stupid laws. Every so often he signs on to get them off his back (he is a Democrat after all).

It's why after 3 generations my wife and I are considering moving (when I retire) in a year or so. If it wasn't for the idiots in LA and SF, the state would be a nice state. But they have come by the droves from all over the USA to "mingle" with each other there. They are not natives of California. Freaks.

Darryl (Dolk)

PS: Oh, there is always the possibility that North Korea will target one of those two cities and I won't need to "move". ;mywink;
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

That and no importing ammunition from other states like AZ or NV. California DOJ is watching ammunition dealers in AZ and NV for CA licensed vehicles. That means that you can’t drive across the state line, buy ammunition and drive back into California.

Then in 2019, ammunition purchases will require a criminal records check. Word amongst the California associations is that the transaction information will be transmitted to California DOJ and matched to the firearms registry.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

awalker1829 wrote:That and no importing ammunition from other states like AZ or NV. California DOJ is watching ammunition dealers in AZ and NV for CA licensed vehicles. That means that you can’t drive across the state line, buy ammunition and drive back into California.

Then in 2019, ammunition purchases will require a criminal records check. Word amongst the California associations is that the transaction information will be transmitted to California DOJ and matched to the firearms registry.
This is laughable. They (CADOJ) has no way of enforcing any of these laws. Not even slightly. It is not illegal to buy ammo in NV or AZ or any other state. They have no idea how or where it is bring used. Not to mention if the ammo you are carrying back into the state of CA was purchased there or here. It is allowable to take your ammo (like I do) out of state (to my Brothers house in NV), go shooting and bring the balance that was unused back. That is legal. That is why it is not possible bot CADOJ (with there extreemly limited budget) to watch the borders.

This law was put in to "slow down" the import of ammo into big cities for illegal purposes. It won't work and most of what it does is exactly like most firearmlaws do ..... nothing.

Right now, you can go to a 01FFL or a licensed dealer and they can buy you what you wish. Small fee (which seems to be settling in at $25 to $30. If you are like me and have a 03FFL and a CA COE, ytou can do it yourself, but only for yourself.

The big problem for CADOJ is, how did the ammo get here? There is no way of knowing.

This law is a big nothing (as usual).

Darryl
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

If i am selling ammo on GB, someone from CA buys it and I ship it to them with no fucks given to CA law. Who do CA doj go after?

Not breaking any of my state laws and no federal laws broken.
Kollaa kestää
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Lee-online wrote:If i am selling ammo on GB, someone from CA buys it and I ship it to them with no fucks given to CA law. Who do CA doj go after?

Not breaking any of my state laws and no federal laws broken.
No, you won’t be breaking any laws, but the purchaser will. That said, the State of California might try to sue exporters who sell ammunition through the mail and ship it to an importer not authorized by the new law to import ammunition.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

No disrespect to our California brethren or bashing California, but with the way they keep changing the laws there it's a no brainer why some companies don't want to deal with the hassles.

Sucks for people in California and I feel for them. The politicians just seem to make it so damn hard or so complicated that the people of California suffer, and companies get bashed for not wanting the headache of dealing with the asinine laws.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Violation of 2nd amendment, in fire arm the first part is what comes out. Therefore violation of Constitution of the United States of America. May defacto be violation of 4th and 5th articles also. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Maine 20th wrote:Violation of 2nd amendment, in fire arm the first part is what comes out. Therefore violation of Constitution of the United States of America. May defacto be violation of 4th and 5th articles also. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
Maybe, but until a Court rules the statute unconstitutional, it’s the law of the land in California and will be enforced. Most folks out there will observe the law as they aren’t willing to gamble their freedom or Second Amendment rights on being a test case.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

42izzy9130 wrote:
ffuries wrote:No disrespect to our California brethren or bashing California, but with the way they keep changing the laws there it's a no brainer why some companies don't want to deal with the hassles.

Sucks for people in California and I feel for them. The politicians just seem to make it so damn hard or so complicated that the people of California suffer, and companies get bashed for not wanting the headache of dealing with the asinine laws.
And yet they will still complain about it instead of doing something like movin the F out of that state. So glad I'm gone!
We're Fucking glade too!! You open your mouth like someone in a war 20 miles back from the front lines. Doing nothing. What are you doing to stop it (other then running from it?). Sorry, I get a little tired of people pulling that BS. Just remember, if it goes through here and is not contested, it will be law in the other states eventually. That means the state you ran too. If you think for a second that if they beat us here in California, they will leave you alone, you are Fucking crazy.

Just my opinion having lived here in California my entire life (and 4 generations). It may get to that point that the only way is to leave, but If I do, I will always support the guys still here in the fight on the front lines. Always.

Do something. Join the NRA, or any of the dozen or so gun rights organizations. But I'll bet most people are not members or doing anything to stop this crap. Just remember, after we are gone, you will be on your own. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP THEM THEN. Divide and conquer. Little at a time and chip away. That is how they work.

Sorry, I'm just a little tired of this attitude. You are either with us or against us. No in between.

Darryl

Sorry, I get a little pissed off when I have to fight people in front of me. It's get a lot harder when you have no support from the "rear".
thughes

Post by thughes »

dolk wrote:We're Fucking glade too!! You open your mouth like someone in a war 20 miles back from the front lines. Doing nothing. What are you doing to stop it (other then running from it?). Sorry, I get a little tired of people pulling that BS. Just remember, if it goes through here and is not contested, it will be law in the other states eventually. That means the state you ran too. If you think for a second that if they beat us here in California, they will leave you alone, you are Fucking crazy.

Just my opinion having lived here in California my entire life (and 4 generations). It may get to that point that the only way is to leave, but If I do, I will always support the guys still here in the fight on the front lines. Always.

Do something. Join the NRA, or any of the dozen or so gun rights organizations. But I'll bet most people are not members or doing anything to stop this crap. Just remember, after we are gone, you will be on your own. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP THEM THEN. Divide and conquer. Little at a time and chip away. That is how they work.

Sorry, I'm just a little tired of this attitude. You are either with us or against us. No in between.

Darryl

Sorry, I get a little pissed off when I have to fight people in front of me. It's get a lot harder when you have no support from the "rear".

As a lifelong New York resident and victim of the "SAFE Act", all I can say is: Amen
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Our politicians in the Deep South would never think of such a thing 'cause we would put their ass in the street. They can only pass laws if they are elected.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

SA1911a1 wrote:Our politicians in the Deep South would never think of such a thing 'cause we would put their ass in the street. They can only pass laws if they are elected.
That's true, and you can see what is in our two major cities of SF and LA. That is the majority of the population, (but only just barely). That is what runs this state right now. Those two cities. Polosi, Boxer, Feinstein ..... all from those cities. They don't represent the rest of the state and they don't care. Fact is, if you take those cities and remove them, this state is just the opposite. That is why some want to split this state up. Get rid of those cities.

Those two areas SF and LA are shit holes as far as I'm concerned. Same thing is what is happening in NY. Ask Jim, he'll tell you. We have a lot of great people in this state, just that most of the trash has moved in the last 20 or so years from the rest of the US. Take your crap back!!! LOL!!!

We deal with the situation here. But it's harder when your "supposed friends" are working against you.

Darryl
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I get what you’re saying there, Darryl. We’re fighting the liberal influence here in Arizona. Same thing there in the Empire State. Get rid of NYC and Albany and you’ve got a pretty conservative State. Well, you might have to get rid of Buffalo too.

I am currently a member of two national associations (NRA and USCCA) in addition to my local pistol club. I’m also on the email list for GOA, so I get the information emails from all three. I also subscribe to the email lists of anti-gun organizations such as The Trace (flamingly liberal anti-gun e-rag), but do not financially support them. The reason I read those is intelligence. Knowing what your enemy is doing is half the battle.

Bottom line is that there is strength in numbers. We have to work together for the group, to help our brothers and sisters in places like CA, NY, MA, NH and NJ to stop the spread of the liberal, anti-gun cancer and eventually right things in those states. United We Stand-Divided We Fall.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I will admit and apologize for this comment being completely off topic. I just noticed that awalkers avatar pic said aircraft crossing. I had it in my head with all of the posts of busses and I think trains and such it would say railroad crossing. Wow.
Proceed.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

The problem with California is that there are highly populated liberal urban areas and also lowly populated conservative rural areas. Most of the votes and power are in the liberal urban areas, so they shape the statewide policies that affect everybody. That means the rural conservative areas get screwed. Most people don't realize how rural and conservative some areas of California are. I have family in Inyo county, so I know.

Having the state government pass fewer overarching laws that affect the entire state and instead allowing the individual counties pass their own laws that only affect that country would alleviate much of this problem, but it would add to confusion when traveling through different counties.

Democracy is difficult such a large state filled with so much diversity in political ideology.

Move to a redder state. Lots of space in Montana, the Dakotas, and Nebraska.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool: