Romanian PU sniper

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MosinGunner1102

Romanian PU sniper

Post by MosinGunner1102 »

So my dad had found a romanian pu sniper at a gun store, i called the place about it and im currently awaiting on pictures. From what ive been told its in very good condition, numbers matching except the scope im going up to look at the rifle in person soon. Id like as much information on romanian PU snipers i can get. It was originally a Russian rifle given to the romanians i know that much about it, again any info is going to help alot on whether or not i go and get the rifle.
1941 VKT Finnish M39 (Izhevsk Reciever 1905) "Serena"
1927 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant 1891/30 (Updated Dragoon) "Алина"
1938 Tula Mosin Nagant 1891/30 "Надежда"
1945 Izhevsk M1944 Carbine " Сáша"
Lee-online

Re: Romanian PU sniper

Post by Lee-online »

I can't help, but i can point you to the showcase where MT has a few PU snipers used by other countries. The yugoslavian and hungarian could be what it is, if it's not a Romanian.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2665
Kollaa kestää
MosinGunner1102

Post by MosinGunner1102 »

Lee-online wrote:I can't help, but i can point you to the showcase where MT has a few PU snipers used by other countries. The yugoslavian and hungarian could be what it is, if it's not a Romanian.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2665
Thankyou for the reply, i know so far it is DEFINITELY a romanian sniper just waiting on more details will update thread with pics
1941 VKT Finnish M39 (Izhevsk Reciever 1905) "Serena"
1927 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant 1891/30 (Updated Dragoon) "Алина"
1938 Tula Mosin Nagant 1891/30 "Надежда"
1945 Izhevsk M1944 Carbine " Сáша"
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Romanian snipers are rare, and all the ones I have seen have posp scopes rather than PU's
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin