All matching 1952 Polish m44

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

All matching 1952 Polish m44

Post by racerguy00 »

I'm used to seeing mint unissued Polish carbines when I hear one is all matching. This is anything but. Looks to have spent some hard time in Romania. Beech toe splice, repaired tang crack, sanded and reblued. I believe this was all done during a refurb there, the import marks are stamped through the bluing. Good bore. Shoots decent groups but needs the sight adjusted. I like the used look as much or more as unissued anyways.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
qz2026

Re: All matching 1952 Polish m44

Post by qz2026 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very cool. I like this one. Bore was ok? The non pristine Poles I have seen have suspect bores. But, it sounds like this one shoots good.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The bore is dark but has strong rifling and only scattered light pitting. Nothing like some of the others I've seen.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Now that one has style. I too have a Polish all matching that is far from new looking... Mine has no blue left & is mostly in the white.

I like this one. :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice, I would have bought it just for the cool repairs.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I like those bow-tie repairs as well.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Are you shooting with the bayonet fixed? Neither of mine are zero without it. It matters
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Shoots to the left with it folded and to the left and high with it extended
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

I would have sooo bought that!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
DMH

Post by DMH »

Man, that is beautiful! I too have a 52 matching #s, unissued. Great pictures and I would have bought that without hesitation!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I have two 52's, one looks nearly unused, the other a lot like the one above, been to war. What is the history of these?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Nice. I love those stock repairs.