1901 Izhevsk ex dragoon

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

1901 Izhevsk ex dragoon

Post by racerguy00 »

Picked up this one from another collector and it came today. It has definitely been there and done that. Good bore and fantastic trigger. The stock is a prewar Izhevsk with no repairs that I see at a glance. The pattern in the wood is appealing for sure. I've seen similar patterns on stocks that spent time wrapped in paper and tied up with string. Maybe something similar here? The barrel and receiver have blued-over pitting on just about every exposed surface and had a lot buffed out during tefurb.

Enjoy the photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
steelbuttplate

Re: 1901 Izhevsk ex dragoon

Post by steelbuttplate »

Hooooweee. :thumbsup: Is that backward C a WW1 refurb mark?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

steelbuttplate wrote:Hooooweee. :thumbsup: Is that backward C a WW1 refurb mark?
I think it's a partial square refurb mark for.a Latvian depot. I have an m38 with it too.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That is a good one racerguy!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nicely done.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Nice one man! Looks like partial square to me too. Stock is a beaut!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

That's the kind of ex-Dragoon that appeals to me. Cool stock too. Congratulations on a great find.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Beautiful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: