Receiver Stamping

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
qz2026

Receiver Stamping

Post by qz2026 »

Just rummaging around the other day and spotted this. Any Idea what the "И" on the receiver means, if anything?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TulaTom

Re: Receiver Stamping

Post by TulaTom »

It's Joseph Stalin's personal mark. Worth millions! :lol: :tongue:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

TulaTom wrote:It's Joseph Stalin's personal mark. Worth millions! :lol: :tongue:
:facepalm2:
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Looks like its more than just a backwards N..there is also a vertial like below. Part of the marking?
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

What's the tang date? I've seen it on a few other rifles and iirc they were early ones.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

racerguy00 wrote:What's the tang date? I've seen it on a few other rifles and iirc they were early ones.
1898 Tula