1941 Tula 91/30 refurb

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

1941 Tula 91/30 refurb

Post by racerguy00 »

I unboxed this one this evening but haven't had time to break Ithe down to check the tang or anything. Exterior of the barrel is rough but the bore is really nice. I've had a few people point out the original barrel date looks to be 1939 but I can't make it out clearly.

These were made from left over Tula barrels that were assembled and redated at Izhevsk. Tula had switched to SVT production. I find details these interesting and although more are.turning up they are still really uncommon and are grail rifles to some collectors.

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 1941 Tula 91/30 refurb

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: positively a different font used on the last two numbers and obvious deeper stamp also.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

You seem to come up with these. :shock: Not really an oddball. Interesting that the Tula star was not scrubbed. Seems like either the markings were scrubbed or Tula sent non stamped barrels to Izhevsk. Is that a vain attempt at an Izhevsk stamp on the bottom of the shank? What does the tang indicate?

Another nice find. Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Very cool. Not something you see every day. Exceptional find, racerguy! :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: