Mosin ammo question

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
Ncwg2boatguy

Mosin ammo question

Post by Ncwg2boatguy »

I have some of the following ammo. Can't find much info online. Pulled a bullet to check weight. So this is what I found.
Yellow 182gr lead core FMJ.
Unsure of powder.
Case is brass and looks annealed? Came in a 50 cal ammo can of assorted 7.62x54R ammo I bought. Fired 5 shots at 250yds and they were all touching .75 group!
This was from my trimmed to 22" barrel mounted in a drop box mag Arch Angel stock with timney trigger. Anyone know specifically what kind of ammo it is?
TulaTom

Re: Mosin ammo question

Post by TulaTom »

What's the head stamp numbers on the case?

I'm guessing it's going to be early Bulgarian heavy ball, but the head stamp will tell for sure.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Could be Polish heavy ball.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

TulaTom wrote:What's the head stamp numbers on the case?

I'm guessing it's going to be early Bulgarian heavy ball, but the head stamp will tell for sure.
+1
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

182 gr is mg ammo. 22 " barrel is not original. God Bless America Pro Libertate Patria