Polish mosin 22 training rifle

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Joekopec1

Polish mosin 22 training rifle

Post by Joekopec1 »

finding these very interesting, anyone have any experience with these? Haven't heard much of anything about them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mproko

Re: Polish mosin 22 training rifle

Post by mproko »

I bought one from them and was happy with it
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Thanks for the heads up on this! :thumbsup: I've been looking to pick up a WZ48 for the collection for years. Just ordered one & sprung for the extra $9.70 for the "Lifetime Guarantee". Came in at $205 shipped & insured. Lotema, your turn! :chuckles:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Looks to be a good deal. Just what is covered by the lifetime guarantee?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

Titanium Hammer wrote:Thanks for the heads up on this! :thumbsup: I've been looking to pick up a WZ48 for the collection for years. Just ordered one & sprung for the extra $9.70 for the "Lifetime Guarantee". Came in at $205 shipped & insured. Lotema, your turn! :chuckles:
Please show pics when you receive yours, I may get one in a month or so if they still have them (they had them for awhile)
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

I bit too. Been wanting one for awhile.
Titanium Hammer

Longcolt, this is the info they have on their website about the Lifetime Guarantee they offer. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/warranties.php

I'll post up pics when she arrives.
vandeda

Post by vandeda »

Anyone get theirs in yet? I'm intrigued, but it seems they are very hit and miss for condition based on reviews I could find.
Titanium Hammer

vandeda wrote:Anyone get theirs in yet? I'm intrigued, but it seems they are very hit and miss for condition based on reviews I could find.
I paid by e-check to avoid the 3% upcharge so I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped. Hopefully it ships in the next day or so as they say the delay for processing the e-check is usually 3-4 business days & I ordered on Sunday.
There were 6 reviews on the WZ48 on Bud's site & only one of them was negative & that review was the first one left almost a year ago. All reviews after that were quite positive so I'm hoping the trend continues. I'll post up pics when mine arrives hopefully towards the end of next week. :thumbsup:
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Mine is at the FFL now. I'll pick it up on my way home from work and post some pictures.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
Titanium Hammer

ksbanker wrote:Mine is at the FFL now. I'll pick it up on my way home from work and post some pictures.
Awesome, best of luck & I'm looking forward to pics. :thumbsup:
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

ksbanker wrote:Mine is at the FFL now. I'll pick it up on my way home from work and post some pictures.
Patiently waiting for them! Excited to see how these come in.
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

I'm very happy! Turns out the importer is Williams Shooter Supply and they ship it directly to the FFL. I wish they imported ALL surplus guns! I didn't know you could make an import mark and it be decent looking. They also packed it better than any surplus dealer I've bought from. They included instructions for removing and installing the bolt which was helpful and a brief history of the gun.

The gun is in great condition and the bolt and receiver match. The butt plate doesn't, but I don't really care. The bore is shiny with good rifling. Very happy! Here are the pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Forgot the picture of the import stamp.
~Sir Winston Churchill
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

ksbanker wrote:I'm very happy! Turns out the importer is Williams Shooter Supply and they ship it directly to the FFL. I wish they imported ALL surplus guns! I didn't know you could make an import mark and it be decent looking. They also packed it better than any surplus dealer I've bought from. They included instructions for removing and installing the bolt which was helpful and a brief history of the gun.

The gun is in great condition and the bolt and receiver match. The butt plate doesn't, but I don't really care. The bore is shiny with good rifling. Very happy! Here are the pictures.
Really nice rifle especially for the price!
:thumbsup:
Titanium Hammer

Awesome! Looks good & I hope I'm as lucky. Thanks for posting pics. :thumbsup:
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Congratulations, that looks really good! I might have to grab one of those before they're all gone!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Titanium Hammer wrote:Awesome! Looks good & I hope I'm as lucky. Thanks for posting pics. :thumbsup:
I hope you are also!

In my search for info on how to take down the bolt I came across several really unhappy customers who received very rusty guns. They seems to have all been purchased in early 2016 and none of them mentioned Williams Shooter Supply. Just sending them back to Bud's and then getting another one and it being awful as well.

Mine is missing the metal cover piece at the front of the stock, but that isn't a huge deal to me. The rest of the rifle is in quite good condition, so I'm just pleased to have one!
~Sir Winston Churchill
vandeda

Post by vandeda »

ksbanker wrote:
Titanium Hammer wrote:Awesome! Looks good & I hope I'm as lucky. Thanks for posting pics. :thumbsup:
I hope you are also!

In my search for info on how to take down the bolt I came across several really unhappy customers who received very rusty guns. They seems to have all been purchased in early 2016 and none of them mentioned Williams Shooter Supply. Just sending them back to Bud's and then getting another one and it being awful as well.

Mine is missing the metal cover piece at the front of the stock, but that isn't a huge deal to me. The rest of the rifle is in quite good condition, so I'm just pleased to have one!
That is why I asked before considering ordering one. I saw one person (again, early 2016) get a very rusty one. Sent it back and the replacement was just as bad, so he sent it back for a refund. I want to avoid that hassle so have looked at other places where I can see the condition of the rifle I'd get, as opposed to playing the lottery.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

This rifle is a perfect rifle for teaching a beginner to shoot without having them shoot a million rounds and wasting your time when all they want is to mindlessly blast away valuable and costly ammo. It is great for making them take their time and teaching proper technique being a single shot rifle. I remember many years ago when they first showed up on the Gibbs rifle site for 3 for $150 I bought one and liked it so much they did me a favor and sent me two more for the special price. I kept the best shooter of the lot and eventually sold the other two for much over my buying price. We have a couple at shows from time to time too. Nice little rifle and easy to shoot well too! Bill :D