1919 Tula Finn M-91

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
steelbuttplate

1919 Tula Finn M-91

Post by steelbuttplate »

This the 1919 Tula SA that I've been talking about on a couple of posts. It has tiny import marks on the muzzle, all I can see is Russia and CAI. 1919 tang mark, I think all original parts except the floor plate. It's the lightest stamped bolt I've seen, has an Ishevisk mark on it. The rifle was bought here in W.N.C in the 70's, probably $29.00. Thanks to my wife for her work on the pics....Steelbuttplate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1919 Tula Finn M-91 Showcase Submission

Post by Rongo »

Very nice! When did you pick up that? You don't see these everyday. :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

THATS AWESOME!
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
B24

Post by B24 »

Nice wood on the forearm and handguard.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

I like it. Great one for the showcase.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice. Don't see those too often. Got my vote
Crazysarge16

Post by Crazysarge16 »

I'll be in my bunk.....
:Drool1:

That's a beautiful rifle, do tell us the story of how you obtained it
"Stay classy gentleman, and remember no one touch my snickers" -Cpt Barry Ammons, 2-23 IN 4/2 SBCT
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Oh well, I got to clean it, shoot it, and fix the handguard. I don't own it, the owner changed his mind. :Drool1: I may get to buy it someday, just not now. It doesn't really matter, I've got a pile of 'em, and another M-91 Finn on the way, and the rifle got the recognition it deserves. Now everyone gets to see it. :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Drool1:
Crazysarge16

Post by Crazysarge16 »

I'll give whoever owns it $100, that's x4 profit!!! Help a fellow tarheeler out!!!

Beautiful rifle, thanks for posting the pictures
"Stay classy gentleman, and remember no one touch my snickers" -Cpt Barry Ammons, 2-23 IN 4/2 SBCT
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Did the seller see it here and realize it was rare and worth more than he was charging you? Number one rule of a deal, never, ever, publicize it until the money has changed hands and the item is home with you for good. Reminds me of the time at a flea market years back . I was at the food row eating a giant hot dog loaded with everything, two guys are siting farther down the same table talking and I hear "Springfield" , That got my attention and I listen while one tells the other they have to find so and so because he has more cash and then they can buy that rifle because it's worth a lot more than $125. They then go on to make fun of a couple of old beat up footlockers the seller had that he wanted too much for. Now I remembered seeing a stack of footlockers down at the end of a row while I was on the way to eat. I dumped that dog into the trash and made a beeline for that row totally unnoticed by the idiots. I found and purchased one real nice US M1903 Mark 1, spotless bore, excellent stock, original GI sling and turns out there was a bayonet with it. I gladly handed over the buck and a quarter for what is today 20 years later $1000-$1200 rifle. Moral of the story is keep your mouth shut until the deal is done, diarrhea of the mouth has caused the loss of many a good deal
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

No, value was not the case here. This was 3 generations of family I was dealing with here, one wanted to sell and one did'nt. It's their rifle, I'm just glad I found it and got pictures.