Years of Production for the Polish M44

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
The Bolt Man

Years of Production for the Polish M44

Post by The Bolt Man »

I am trying to determine which is the correct information for the production years of the Polish M44 Carbine.

The information on this forum has Polish production for the M44 Carbine at 1951 to 1955. Terence W. Lapin, in his book "The Mosin-Nagant Rifle" has Polish M44 production stated as starting in 1950 and continuing until at least 1962.

Which is correct? Has anyone seen a Polish M44 dated a 1950 Polish M44 or one later than 1955? I find this kind of conflicting information very disturbing when I am trying to learn something about these rifles.

I hape someone can set the record straight.
desdem12

Re: Years of Production for the Polish M44

Post by desdem12 »

I would tend to believe the book but 762 net says 55. there are other countries that have collectors and or had aid given to them. There is a possibility that they did go past 55 and were shipped to other places. I know some guys have some later 91/30s and pu's also. I know this is no help ...sorry :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Poland is a NATO country now, I wonder why nobody has been able to just ask someone in Poland what the answer is. Could be all the commie era officials are in hiding or died and the records weren't held on to.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Hobe Sound Falcon

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

The dates of manufacture were from 1951-1955.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
The Bolt Man

Post by The Bolt Man »

A person that lives in Germany researched the Polish M44 and with over (800) rifles in his data base only the years of 1951 to 1955 have been observed. That pretty much locks in Polish M44 production from 1951 to 1955. If rifles are ever found outside that range, they are indeed odd balls and probably not a part of regular production.