A 1937 Tula Followed Me Home

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
The Bolt Man

A 1937 Tula Followed Me Home

Post by The Bolt Man »

Today I went to Mills Fleet Farm because of an ad I saw for 91-30 Mosin Nagant rifles priced $89.95. There was only one in the display case, so I asked the sales person if there were any rifles in the back. The answer was yes and if I wanted to see a couple he would bring them out.

Twelve rifles later I had a nice 1937 Tula set aside and was tempeted with one Izhevsk that was MO marked. The MO rifle was not real well marked and it had rust pits on the top of the receiver with some finish missing and I decided to pass on that one. All the rest of the rifles were 42 to 44 Izhevsk's with the late roughly machined receivers.

I noticed the Tula that went home with me had no refurb mark on the barrel or receiver. The barrel and receiver are both marked 1937. The bolt has some Izhevsk parts and one of the barrel bands is Izhevsk. The stock has the refurb near the butt. The numbers all match, so to speak. The bolt is ground and restamped. The magazine floor plated has a lined out number and the new one. The butt plate appears to be new with the correct number. The bore, rifling is real strong and quite sharp corners but is very lightly frosted. It should be a good shooter.

I will post some pictures in the next few days. Got to get this baby cleaned up first.
BuckeyeSgt

Re: A 1937 Tula Followed Me Home

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

That is what they call force matched. When it got refurbed they put it all back together and renumbered the parts. Sounds like a good catch, will be sure to check out the pics. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Nice Tula Bolt Man :thumbsup: and a good price for a Tula also. :vcool: Look forward to the pics.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:clap: :clap: :pop: :pop:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Hey, congrats Bolt Man! Nice job getting them to let you look through them. The Tula still eludes me.

I look forward to your photos! Nice find! :toast:
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Not usual to see a date on the receiver.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
The Bolt Man

Some Pictures of the 1937 Tula That Followed Me Home

Post by The Bolt Man »

I have posted some pictures of the 1937 Tula that followed me home. This addition to my collection puts me at four 91-30 Tula's, 1923, 1930, 1937 and 1943. I have three Izhevsk 91-30's, 1929, 1930, and 1938. I have two Izhevsk Model 44's and one Izhevsk Model 38. There is a Polish Model 44 soon to be received. This sickness started with one 91-30 back in November of last year and I can't seem to shake it.

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice looker boltman. :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Very Nice! :thumbsup: I look forward to the range report as well. Something how they multiply so quickly!

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper