Trail cam pics.

+dhic

Trail cam pics.

Post by +dhic »

We set up a camera at our feeder station a couple of weeks ago. Here is a few pics we have. I've got some bucks with
really different racks. The last pic shows what I mean. He is a real spear head. +dhic aka Cliff
image.jpeg
t
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brake Weight

Re: Trail cam pics.

Post by Brake Weight »

That 3rd pic has some good eating in it.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You tied a raccoon to the pipe? How were you able to accomplish that, most of them run away from me.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Pretty Cool. Is it just the camera angle or are those Bucks really small?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

These little bucks are about the size of a Beagle hound, a big one around here is about the size of a corgi.
+dhic aka Cliff.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Why are the deer so small? Poor nutrition? The buck I met at my door when I stepped out this morning was the size of a horse. I contemplated doing a Very Bad Thing, but before I could reach for.....anything...he was gone into the dark.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

One theory I read said game animals body mass was related to how bad the winters were where they lived. The bigger they are
the more cold they stand. I know a guy who used to breed deer to sell to the high-fence ranches in Texas .He bought bucks from deer
farms in Iowa and crossed them with the local deer. These were all pen raised. He sold all he raised. Any buck over 140 hog dressed is pretty good for here in east central Oklahoma. The deer on the Kansas border are much bigger.
+dhic aka Cliff Those are 4ft joints of twist-loc scaffold pipe my tripod it made from.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We have had a couple of easy winters here, ad the deer have been feeding well on local gardens. They are also smart enough to stay in protected areas were they can't legally be hunted. If they make it to adult size they are safe from the predators that exist here and have unrestricted growth. This will continue until the wolves migrate down this far, the bears returned ten years ago or more, the cats have started making a comeback, the wolves will be here very soon.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

The coywolves already are here and they seem to multiple quickly. 60% coyote, 30% wolf, 10% feral dog. They have been seen in Central Park. Something tells me they will be more of a problem than wolves because they don't fear urban areas and aren't necessarily afraid of people. The mountain lion that's the one I don't care to see. I don't trust any cat.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't worry, you are unlikely to ever see the mountain lion, they attack from positions of cover. No Coywolves here yet, regular coyotes, but they stick to less populated areas because people have much less reservations about taking them out than they do the deer. I know of several people who have quietly eliminated such backyard pet hunting pests. I may have such a problem as I have noticed mysterious disappearances among the feral cat population of late.
Theodore Roosevelt
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

My southern deer size has been made fun of by some northern coworkers many times. It's a fact of life, I can't help it. But I have seen a field before with what looked like a herd of caribou judging by the head count.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They look just about right size to fit between two pieces of bread :Drool1: :BBQ2:
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

The deer down South are about the size of a dog. At least they were in the Chesterfield Virginia area. The Venison didn't taste as good either. Maybe it's because they are so much smaller and leaner?

steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

NC Wildlife brought Wisconsin deer here in the 50's. They and the local deer flourished, with 40-50 Bucks KIA on opening day every year at two different Refuges. Then around 1970 they had three doe days for two yrs. The deer there are so scarce now you can hunt three days without seeing one.
Now they have signs up around that say Game lands management . :facepalm2:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"