Realistic value

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mitch5690

Realistic value

Post by mitch5690 »

Its an all matching 07/15 with the mle16 upgrades.

Beautiful stock however yhe bore is nasty. The rifling looks fuzzy 3/4th the way up then is just hard to even see. Might clean up.... You can see red in the rigling at the tip.
ImageImageImageImage
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Realistic value

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

$50 for the parts if I needed them. You know there is no way the French military did that to the stock right? Bubba, who the hell else would do an asshole move like take a nice military stock and tiger stripe it like it was a Kentucky rifle from 1830. Matching French military rifles from the Great War period are rare, because of the way the French rebuilt them during the war most do not have all, or even any matching numbers, at least the rifles made in French Arsenals. The 07/15 was also made here by Remington, they stayed here and ended up on the surplus market after the war, these can be found with matching numbers often. That stock has been sanded, finger groove added to assist with the band removal and refinished with the tiger stripe and whatever color that stain is. If the bore was clean then at least you could have a cheap shooter, but as it is it's crap. If you have been looking for an original 07/15 and thought this was finally the one then this news will come as crushing disappointment. Been there, done that, now you know why I hate assholes who alter pieces of history.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

stock positively sanded as evidenced from the close up pic. Edges are rounded "deluxe"
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

Okay thanks guys. The stock flame had me suckered in
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

the stock is purdy, but so very wrong. :no2:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
entropy

Post by entropy »

Yeah, the work is really obvious. Too bad. :b sad:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
gurn

Post by gurn »

Sure is an eye catcher. Would look great above a fireplace in a cabin. A total decoration.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Just curious how one adds tiger striping to stock? It looks neat, but doesn't look natural, so I assume it is a finish technique?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Oh... if the curly maple on my flintlock looked that nice.....