Chinese 1911

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sonny

Chinese 1911

Post by Sonny »

Well the fit and finish might not be as good as brand name guns but the darn thing goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. :D

The only markings on it is 1911A1 on the left side and serial number on the right.I got the gun,two 7 round mags and 500 rounds of ammo for only$529.99. :thumbsup:
I now some guys up here snub their noses at these Norinco pistols but hey I'm having fun with it and that's what it's all about. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boltaction

Re: Chinese 1911

Post by boltaction »

Hello, It's not my cup of tea. But, as long as you are happy with your pistol, fuc what others think or say. Good luck..... is all I have to say. Play safe...
target

Post by target »

I've never heard anything bad about the Norinco 1911s. In fact I've heard nothing but great things about them. Supposedly super accurate and the frames are supposed to be top notch for race guns. That's just what I have read but as long as it works then who cares.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Reliable and accurate are the only things I require of a modern firearm. It sounds like a great deal if it meets that criteria. Congrats!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

If I ever come across a Norinco 1911 for a reasonable price I'll buy it in a heartbeat. There's a reason why when Wilson Combat was much smaller one of the few pistols they would customize was the Norinco. My best friend from high school has had one near twenty five years and it's been flawless after many rounds. That's a damn fine 1911. :thumbsup:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

The important part is the frame. Are the holes in the right places? Is it correct size relative to height, width and length? Is the steel the right strength (hardness) ? If so , I don't care where it was made or who made it. I have a Springfield Armory .45 that had to have virtually all it's internal parts replaced so it would work properly.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
entropy

Post by entropy »

Norincos were the basis for a lot of custom 1911's back in the 80's, from combat types like Bill WIlson's to race guns like Les Baer's.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Bwahahahaha.. :lol:

Looks like I'm gonna need more practice because it looks like a spray and pray at 15 yards.. :chuckles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Sonny wrote:Bwahahahaha.. :lol:

Looks like I'm gonna need more practice because it looks like a spray and pray at 15 yards.. :chuckles:
Spray and pray huh? You must play Call of Duty online too. :biggrin:

You'll get better. Trigger control on a 1911 is a little tricky to get used to, but once you get a smooth crisp break I'm sure your groups will tighten up. As clean as the Norc looks, the trigger may not be broken in yet either.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah I agree with razor, it'll tighten up with practice. 1911's just handle a little different, in a good kind of way.
lethe

Post by lethe »

Nothing wrong with a "cheap" 1911 is it functions well. A year or so ago i bought a ATI commander 1911 from psa for $300 and it's been great. Definitely not as smooth as some higher end 1911s but that doesn't bother me.