2 refurbed 91/30's 1943 and rough like history says they are

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

2 refurbed 91/30's 1943 and rough like history says they are

Post by zeebill »

Nobody ever says they are finding refurbs anymore because they don't seem to know where to look I guess. Less than $250 OTD for both and nothing really earth shaking about them other than they are both rougher than cob's like 1943 Izhevsk's should be. They show poor machining and one needed a bolt head change to come into spec for head space. Bolts look like they were hacked out of metal blocks and not much other than get this done was in their instructions. Triggers are much the same but both rifles match and with some work to clean the stocks with an oily rag rubdown and the bores look just great already. So I guess someone will be happy to get them. I checked with Cabello's on the way to where I was going and the clerk told me they would like as never have them anymore and here 25 miles away I bought two. I was tempted to take them back to him and ask $150 a piece and see what he said. I heard from a little bird that cases can be had that are getting in through Bulgaria. I know of two places that had cases till last week when a certain company came in and bought them all. Aha the plot thickens huh? I don't know nothing though!!! :roll: Bill
NLMosin

Re: 2 refurbed 91/30's 1943 and rough like history says they

Post by NLMosin »

How many PM's have you gotten already Bill?? :chuckles:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

NLMosin wrote:How many PM's have you gotten already Bill?? :chuckles:

Doesn't matter, unless they know where the secret layer of the Zeebill is, they ain't gonna get one :chuckles:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

"I know of two places that had cases till last week when a certain company came in and bought them all. Aha the plot thickens huh?"

Yes, it does.