Found some cool .38S&W ammo

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
Sonny

Found some cool .38S&W ammo

Post by Sonny »

Well I think it's cool anyway. :wink:

Went to a small out of the way gun shop and asked the owner if he had any .38s&w ammo.He turned around and grabbed two pouches from the shelf and said some guy just dropped these off the other day.I asked him how many rounds per pouch and how much do you want for them?
He said oh there's about 20-25 rounds per pouch and the price is 20 bucks per pouch.
I paid the man 40 bucks and when I got home I found that one pouch had 34 rounds and the other had 35 rounds.I look at the headstamp and on the bottom it said .38s&w on top it said D.C.Co which stands for Dominion Cartridge Company,cool.
D.C.Co made ammo from 1876 up until 1947,then I see that inside the pouch it said 1941,holy smokes this is war time ammo.
I don't know how rare it is but I sure as heck ain't gonna shoot the stuff.No sir this ammo is going in the safe and it's going to stay there.

Maybe this ammo is common,I really don't know but I'm happy with my find. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Found some cool .38S&W ammo

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice collectable ammo, a good score on the pouches, I had one hell of a time finding single US Mills style pouches similar to these for my US garrison belt back in the 80's. Mine hold two clips each of US .30-06 for the M1903 rifle, or one clip for the Garand. I have a similar stash of .38 S&W I keep with my little revolvers. That ammo is surprisingly clean, keep it in a plastic box.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Cool, I remember seeing a cardboard box of Dominion ammunition at a old timers house. As I recall it was a brown box with an orange logo. That stuff is in great shape.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

entropy

Post by entropy »

I see it at gun shows off and on, but not in that quantity! Nice score, Sonny! :thumbsup:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Good score Sonny, that is a fairly rare headstamp these days, nice, nice find :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Any revolver ammo with plain round nose lead bullets is cool to me. These are way above cool. These are super cool. These have been stored carefully for decades.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Great find, bu the nose shape and origin I'm guessing those are the old 38/200s.
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

Looks like 38-200 to me for the victory. Wish I could try some in Colt PP.
+dhic.