Opinions on Rgun snipers?

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rustynail

Opinions on Rgun snipers?

Post by Rustynail »

I've saved enough money to buy me a p/u sniper and wanted to hear your thoughts on the ones sold by rguns. I do not mind paying the extra money for a ligit gun. I've talked to the people first hand at rguns and seem to know what they are talking about on the other hand I cannot get RTI on the phone. What are y'all's opinions on the matter?
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Opinions on Rgun snipers?

Post by Darryl »

RGUNS snipers were some of the first snipers to come in in bulk. They have some additional history as they were used (at least many or all of them were) as Police sniper rifles after WWII. They are confirmed sniper rifles and it is know exactly how they came from Russia. They came in the traditional Crate the USSR put them in and not handled by an exporter in the Ukraine and Russia. They are a little more expensive ($150 -) then the other PU imports.
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/sni ... index.html

Here is a good article to read by an "expert" (Vic)on where they came from. http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... -PU-sniper

RGUNS has the most complete history of all the imports.

The PU snipers being offered (at the present time) from Royal Tiger imports are also real snipers. They are from Russia and came through the Tulsky company in Russia. They only have 17 left.
http://www.royaltigerimports.com/product-p/mosi0028.htm

Dolk
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Rguns has snipers? They arent showing them on the site... :vconfused:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Rustynail

Post by Rustynail »

They do have them you just have to call.
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Probably don't want to sell out, seeing as how the shipments are a bit iffy at the moment. Good find, RustyNail, now buy that gun and kill some paper!

And y'all better leave a Royal Tiger for me! I'm fighting tooth and nail to get one!!
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
Rustynail

Post by Rustynail »

I broke down and ordered one from rguns I should have some pics to show in 5-7 days.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Now the "wait" starts!

rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

What wait? Give me two weeks...
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
Rustynail

Post by Rustynail »

Well here it is, came in Thursday I just picked it up this Thursday. Let me know what I have that scope mount with no numbers is throwing me for a loop. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Is this screw convex? Its hard to tell from the pics...
scope.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
People live together.
Rustynail

Post by Rustynail »

Kinda hard to explain its not totally flat but not convex either catch my drift? It's the only screw on there like that.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Probably a replacement. Maybe at the arsenal or maybe in the field.

All looks proper to me........More photos of the entire rifle! 8-) 8-) 8-) ....Dolk
Rustynail

Post by Rustynail »

Here ya go. Can anyone translate the gibberish on the barrel shank? It seems to be awful close to the number on the scope minus a couple of numbers.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

It is a replacement scope. Maybe done during the war or perhaps after during refurb. The numbers on the left side of the barrel shank are "struck out" one at a time. Sometimes this was done this way and sometime they used a solid line to "strik out" the old scope numbers. That is typical. Nice looking rifle over all. Remember, the RGUN snipers were used after refurb by the police in Russia. This is why they sometime look not as "pristine" as other snipers. That is just more history on the rifle is all.

Very nice looking rifle..... 8-) 8-) 8-)

"In my opinion!"!!!...this is the best part of a RGUN sniper rifle:
rguns.jpg
This tells a story and "seals the deal". You know it is a real PU sniper when you see this. RGUNS never placed that on any of their other rifles except the PU snipers. Right on the top under the scope. ;mywink;

Along with the information that we know exactly where these came from and how they were handled. Also the extra history of Police use after the war.

...Dolk
famas44

Post by famas44 »

I would rate RGUNS 91/30 PU at the top of the list. I have ordered from AIM, CLASSIC, and RTI. The best overall were from CLASSIC & AIM. The RTI batch I received wasn't as good as I expected (for the price). Since none of these retailers have any in stock, get the RGUNS. From what I have heard, it will be awhile until we see more in bulk (if ever).
Using Tapatalk
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

RGuns imported some of the best Condition Mosin rifles available back in the day. I have several older RGuns Mosins, and they are all fine rifles. They also had the best import mark of any importer. They don't care about Mosins any more. I think they even dumped the rest of their bent bolt 91/30's on two other distributors, the same day the rifles disappeared from their website, they appeared on the websites of the other distributors. If you ever have a chance to buy an older RGuns import, jump on it.
Their website is not indicative of their inventory most of the time. Best to drive to the store.
tommy9971

Post by tommy9971 »

I just got a sniper from Rguns. 1943 Izhevsk all matching numbers. The only concern was my barrel does not have the scope number stamped in it. I have read that some were scrubbed. And the bluing is gone in that spot.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

tommy, heres a post about the same topic of the scrubbed scope numbers. See what everyone said and make your own judgement...
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 36&t=25469

What Import mark do you have and where is it?
People live together.
tommy9971

Post by tommy9971 »

Rguns directly under the barrel
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Thats interesting. :ugeek: I guess then it wasnt only CAI who scrubbed the old scope numbers off the snipers when they replaced the scopes. Good to know. thanks!
People live together.