Getting my first C&R handgun today-P64

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Getting my first C&R handgun today-P64

Post by bunkysdad »

I have been watching the Polish P64 pistols for awhile since Aim listed them for 259.00 with free shipping. I was getting ready to order then all of a sudden they posted some grade 2 pistols for 219.00 still with free shipping. So I took advantage of the deal and ordered my first C&R handgun. I have C&R pistols but none that I actually had delivered to my address. I just hope that I get home in time for the adult signature! UPS usually comes late so we will see.
More than the price was the condition described of the pistols. I have always liked the look of some wear or blue loss on old guns. If I like it I might have to order another in the better condition! I don't know how long these will be around, but if they go the way of the CZ52 or the Russian 1895 revolver they will not be this price again. The 259.00 pistols come with 2 mags, a real plus.
bocephus

Re: Getting my first C&R handgun today-P64

Post by bocephus »

J&G has them for as little as $199. If you look on Gunbroker long enough you'll eventually find a TG Knox import, they put the import stamp on the bottom instead of the side. I plan on using the P64 for concealed carry.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Very nice BD, I've seen their ad also and have been hemming and hawing over these. I like the look of the grade 2, and looks like it would be a nice concealed carry piece.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The TG Knox stamp is on my PA63 and I sure agree, they are the best at placing the stamp where you hardly know it is there. Also J&G is stocked on the various Tokarevs at the moment.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Once they send it UPS you will get a "tracking number".

If you log onto UPS website and track it, it will tell when it will arrive. 24 hours before it arrives, you tell UPS to hold it at their facility (the next day). Then after work, you can go to their facility and pick it up. That way you can't miss it.

I do this all the time with UPS and FEDEX. if there is a chance no one will be home. .....D

I've been watching those P64's. I want one really bad, but I can't have one sent to me with my C&R in CA. I have to use a 01FFL holder that adds $65 to it plus DROS ($25).
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It came right on time and my son was home to sign for it. I am quite pleased with it to say the least. It doesn't have the wear that I thought it might except for a slight shiny spot in the finish. It will make a good companion to my Hungarian PA63.

Reddy

Post by Reddy »

I got a P-64 from Classic a few years ago, then a year ago last Christmas gave it to my son for a Christmas present (his request) - missed that thing so much
had to get another one last Christmas. You will love the trigger. And needless to say so do I. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yes Reddy, the trigger is quite a conversation piece all by itself. It feels like a 30 pound pull in single action, but in double action it has got to be the smoothest pull you can imagine. In '72 they changed to the exposed hammer and I had hoped to get one like that so that was another plus.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We have a couple in the shop that I molest sometimes. I seriously think one is in my future.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I bet you can get a smokin deal too.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

dolk wrote:Once they send it UPS you will get a "tracking number".

If you log onto UPS website and track it, it will tell when it will arrive. 24 hours before it arrives, you tell UPS to hold it at their facility (the next day). Then after work, you can go to their facility and pick it up. That way you can't miss it.

I do this all the time with UPS and FEDEX. if there is a chance no one will be home. .....D

I've been watching those P64's. I want one really bad, but I can't have one sent to me with my C&R in CA. I have to use a 01FFL holder that adds $65 to it plus DROS ($25).
That is exactly the way I do is as well. I live in a rural area and it would be a major pain to try to accept a package that needed a signature. I usually have it redirected as soon as I get a shipping number. With UPS you may have to register with "My UPS" to get the ability to redirect them, but that is simple and free.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Thanks for the tips. That is exactly what I will do on future orders.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Looks nice. I have one I got years ago. I used it for concealed carry a lot. :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
mike663

Post by mike663 »

Congrats. Looks great. Got mine last Thursday 4/09/15 from classicarms and couldn't be happier. If you've tried yours out yet then you know how smooth and easy the double action trigger pull is, and the Herculean effort it takes on the single action. (my trigger finger isn't speaking to me these days) Anyway they are fantastic pistols, and surprisingly accurate. How would you compare it to the PA 63? Been interested in getting one just don't know much about them.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
-George Orwell-
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The PA63 is really nice. Got it right here beside me. Well, they are both right here beside me, but I will be shooting the P64 for the first time this Saturday. I think I will be pleased too. Can you show some pictures of your Classic Firearms P64? These are some of the best deals around right now I think. Have you looked at the WWII Era Star b 9mm pistols? That is a C&R pistol too, unlike the Star super b. Also I wish these current Bulgarian Makarov pistols were C&R.
mike663

Post by mike663 »

Here's mine. holster didn't come with it. Got it on eBay. On the outside it looks a little used, but inside the parts have very little wear at all. And this thing shoots great. Yah I've seen the star model b, and I won't one. But so far this year I've bought an 1895 Nagant, and a Romanian TTC tokarev from Aims plus the p64 from Classic. Add in the ammo I've bought for all 3 and my play money has about played out. :cry:
I'd really like a Makarov to, but when I come up with some more money it's ear marked for the Star b if there still around. I can only hope.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
-George Orwell-
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

check this site out,look under fixes..

http://www.p64resource.com/index.php

i got the wolf spring kit,and replaced the spring in mine,easy to do and the trigger pull is 100% better.i put the 20 in.
nice little carry gun,shoots good.
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't see where I mentioned it above but the pictures are pretty obvious. The reason that my pistol was classified as grade 2 was because of the plum color finish on the slide. I like it just fine and need to get out and shoot it. Yesterday's range trip was all rifles
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I like the plum color. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Nice buy Bunk!! :thumbsup: