Looking for a new stock for mosin 91-30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
patximarin

Looking for a new stock for mosin 91-30

Post by patximarin »

Hi.....
I'm looking for a new made wood stock for my mosin nagant 91-30.
There is a shop called fox-military.com that makes new stocks but only for the m91 rifle.
Anybody knows where can I buy it?
Thanks a lot.
steelbuttplate

Re: Looking for a new stock for mosin 91-30

Post by steelbuttplate »

Liberty Tree collectors
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
patximarin

Post by patximarin »

The stocks of liberty tree collectors are used.
I want a new made stock like the picture of this link.
http://fox-military.com/en/stock.php?id_produkt=35
patximarin

Post by patximarin »

Those are used, I want new stock, like this, please click in the link:
http://fox-military.com/en/stock.php?id_produkt=35
Help me please
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

What is wrong with the stock that is on your rifle now?
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Spain? What sort of Mosin do you have? Is it a recent import from Germany or Ukraine, or a Mosin that has been in your country since Stalin sent them to aid the republican side during your civil war ?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

My google foo says he just purchased a 1939 Tula, so no SCW Mosin.

why do you want a new stock?
Kollaa kestää
patximarin

Post by patximarin »

My mosin is a 91-30. Year 1939 made in Tula. The rifle is ok, but I want to restore it.
I have bought some rifle parts unused, but I want to restore the wood too.
I can't think that nobody made new stocks for the most typical mosin.
patximarin

Post by patximarin »

Now I'm in bed with my ipad, but tomorrow I will attack some pictures of my mosin nagant.
Regards
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

patximarin wrote:My mosin is a 91-30. Year 1939 made in Tula. The rifle is ok, but I want to restore it.
I have bought some rifle parts unused, but I want to restore the wood too.
I can't think that nobody made new stocks for the most typical mosin.
This might not be the board for you. No one here can get behind what you want to do. The way you bought the rifle is the way it should be. Adding "new parts" and a modern replica stock is a sad end to a neat piece of history. If I may ask, why do you want to do all of this? If you want a shiny new rifle, you can have one far cheaper than you would spend buying a mosin, new parts, and a new stock.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I agree, swapping parts or installing new parts just for the aesthetics is something that is frowned upon here. These rifles are a part of history, even the refurbished one, and should be left as they were when they were last in government ownership.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
one finger john

Post by one finger john »

Although ........ I seem to remember something about parts replacement is o.k. as long as the piece can be put back to original condition. Stocks could be considered "replaceable parts that could be reinstalled to put the rifle back into original condition".
Hence, the reproduction stock could be painted or tinted, say, PINK, and still be considered a replaceable part. After all, it is only two screws to exchange the inner workings of this particular rifle and really, who knows what those re-furbishers in Transylvania were up to, especially during dinner breaks. Transylvania was part of the Romanian block at one time. Wonder which arms manufacturer they were associated with.

John
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

While you are cuddled up with your IPAD you could read the forum rules and the info pages. Good night.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Getcha one o them damn Archangel Gooberhead stocks and ruin it good if your gonna do it......SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

See what happens when you leave the door open?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Longcolt44 wrote:See what happens when you leave the door open?
The door is always open, the idea is to turn them around to thinking the way all of us do here. To patximarin you should have read the rules but there is still time for you to change your thinking and leave things as they maybe now. What you want to us is a fantasy rifle which violates many of our rules in principal even though yes it can be returned to normal but the likelihood of that happening is very poor. Try and think hard about what you will spend and what you will have after you get done and what it will be then worth. Sleeping on the path forward is a good idea in the long run. Good Luck! Bill :wink:
patximarin

Post by patximarin »

My english is not good. I understand the languague but is dificult to me to learn all the rules.
I'm sorry...
in my country I have the power to decide about my things. I think I live in a free democracy and I want a new wood stock.

Who are you to decide about my thoughts?
You can do with your rifle that you want.

Pink floyd sang.........we don't need no thought control......

Thanks a lot for your time.
Regards
gregsteb

Post by gregsteb »

patximarin wrote:My english is not good. I understand the languague but is dificult to me to learn all the rules.
I'm sorry...
in my country I have the power to decide about my things. I think I live in a free democracy and I want a new wood stock.

Who are you to decide about my thoughts?
You can do with your rifle that you want.

Pink floyd sang.........we don't need no thought control......

Thanks a lot for your time.
Regards

This forum is dedicated to the preservation of Mosin rifles. That is the whole point of this group. What you are asking about is against the beliefs of everyone that is a member here.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya son!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Bufford

Post by Bufford »

I may get flamed for this but what the hell, he said he wasn't to sure about understanding our forum rules here and what we try to install in our values of this rifle, That is an admission of guilt and probably a reaching out to get to understand this forum better, Now with that said, you should ALL be ashamed of the way you treated him with his request even though IT isn't what we are about. NOT all of us and that includes me and everyone else here know it all and think our crap doesn't stink, if you don't like this little bit of information into what you did to a new member well look forward to turning away more in the future, I am new here myself but I sure did not expect that there are some members who think they are superior to others and have the right to SLAM others before actually helping them, enough said!