Tokarev

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
jimpierce7

Tokarev

Post by jimpierce7 »

Would a Tokarev be a good pistol to have. Ammo is a little pricey compared to 9mm. C&R pistols the same as rifles? <<<<< A California question
Vendetta

Re: Tokarev

Post by Vendetta »

Dont they make a 9mm model of the Tok? M70 maybe? I just looked and yes they do. Ive always kinda wanted one of those. $229 from classic and all steel.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Vendetta wrote:Dont they make a 9mm model of the Tok? M70 maybe? I just looked and yes they do. Ive always kinda wanted one of those. $229 from classic and all steel.
I do think thats modern manufacture though.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Tokarevs are good pistols. I have a Chinese and a Romanian. Both are great shooters. I found 9mm barrels for both guns, so that, in the time it takes to field-strip, you can change the caliber. 9mm and 7.62 will both feed from the same magazines flawlessly.

Get yourself one, you won't be disappointed.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

the one I see is 7.62, 1955 for $400. I'm guessing that's kind of high?
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

jimpierce7 wrote:the one I see is 7.62, 1955 for $400. I'm guessing that's kind of high?
Yes too high; check AIM Surplus. They have refurbished Romanian and Polish (Radom) for 250 or less. I bought the Polish and it shoots very well; looks like new. I also own a CZ-52 in 7.62x25. I will reserve the 9x19 for more modern shooters that I have (Glock).
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I have a Romy & a Cz-52... Love them both. I picked up a tin of 7.62x25 back when it was cheap & that should keep me going for a while. Fun shooters, I say get one. :biggrin:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

This one comes with a belt holster (won't be much good for me) 100 rounds of ammo and two 8 round clips.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

being as all I am looking for in a pistol is something to take out to the range with my wife, (I saw the AIM guns come the same as the one I saw, less ammo) this would surely work as well for me, and keep with my current Russian theme?
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Seems, AIM, Classic and Slickguns seem to be the places that have the Tokarev? Seems none of our sponsors have them at the moment.
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

I have a Romanian Tokarev and really like it. The triggers of these older guns will wear in nicely. It is one of the more accurate pistols I have. Since it is all steel the recoil is quite comfortable. I'm starting to see the ammo at around the same price as .45 online. It is a smokin bullet when you shoot the 7.62. Look up some of the ballistics.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I picked up a 1942 tokarev tt 33 last year and I love it. :thumbsup:

Put a little over a 1000 rounds through it and it still goes bang when I pull the trigger..lol

at 5 yards an egg is history..
at 10 yards I can make grapefruit juice..haha
at 15 yards I can deflate a beachball..
at 20 yards or more it's pretty much a spray and pray... :lol:

But they are a rugged and fun little gun.. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Its funny. My nieces baby daddy, good guy, mostly, knows weapons. Very well. His first recommendation to me was a Tokarev to keep my Russian theme going. And they do seem my type of pistol. Old enough to be an old pistol but new enough to still work real well.
I will surely decide tomorrow. A Tokarev will also open up a few more dollars for a VKT........ Did I say that already? Maybe my LGS will have one there? Hmm. Or order one?
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Is a Polish Tokarev better than a Romanian?
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

jimpierce7 wrote:Is a Polish Tokarev better than a Romanian?
Slightly more desirable (at least ot me). The Radom factory represented by the "11" marking has a good reputation. Overall not a lot of difference between Romanian and Polish.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I bought a Yugo Tok with the extra round mag. I like the flat high speed ballistics and the slender feel compared to a 1911 or a Glock. Good price and ammo is not that much more expensive. I got a package deal when I bought mine. 800 rounds for less than same number of 45s :D
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Here Jim---Southern Ohio Gun has them for $199.00

Calif--Legal!!

Here is the link.. http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns ... 5-cal.html
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Thanks!!
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

I actually almost purchased a Norinco Tok the other day, had them down to $200 OTD but passed as I had just purchaed the Enfield no2.. I have always wanted a Tok though.. Might have to go back.
sapishka

Post by sapishka »

really like them ,there was or still is now a surplus magazine on the newsstands recently ,likely can still find it' surplus rifles" has 3 surplus rifles on the front cover ,has a whole article on Tokarevs ,EXCELLENT job only trouble was they did not have a Russian one to feature ,but did have 5 or 6 of all the other choices made ,great read . I have only the Russian T33 1950 so far ,want an earlier version Russian as well ,no import marks ,so that's cool .One thing to remember on these guns ! no safety unless it has an import safety added or the version your buying has an added safety integrated in it . this is all before loaded and drop testing type stuff ,so caution is warrented ,they kinda call it a half cocked safety thing ,but its not ,your not really going to walk around with it half cocked to be safer ??? kind of the traditional pun . anyhow watch out if no safety .

sapishka