Found a good one

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
+dhic

Found a good one

Post by +dhic »

image.jpg
image.jpg
I found this online dby. I met the seller yesterday. I knew I was hooked when I saw that blue box. He advertised that he
Had only fired it 6 times then he had put it in the safe. The box #s to the gun and he included 100 rounds in the deal.
I'll try some pics. + dhic aka Cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjtM38

Re: Found a good one

Post by tjtM38 »

Yes you did! You found an original Model 31-1 in 32 S&W Long with a flat latch, square butt, and 4-inch barrel. I'm guessing it was manufactured in the late '60's, but I would have to look in the Standard Smith and Wesson catalog with the serial number to know exact year. I have a 31-1 with a square butt and a 2-inch barrel that looks unfired. Mine was manufactured in 1971.

These are extremely well made revolvers. Congratulations. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

tj, best info I get from the smith bible puts it about 1962. This is the best "old" pistol I've ever owned.
Mam Maw told me DONT shoot it. Just because it's her money she thinks she has a say.
+dhic aka Cliff
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

+dhic wrote:tj, best info I get from the smith bible puts it about 1962. This is the best "old" pistol I've ever owned.
Mam Maw told me DONT shoot it. Just because it's her money she thinks she has a say.
+dhic aka Cliff
Maw Maw may be right. Depending on the condition, that one might best be left with no further firing. Damn hard to resist shooting, though, isn't it?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Nice!!! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Very nice and hard to find in that condition. I found one the same model in very challenged finish condition. I parkerized it and carried it as a woods gun until my daughter adopted it. It would be hard for me to not shoot it, I have a soft spot for 32s.
entropy

Post by entropy »

Yup, nice! 8-) I agree withyou, +dhic, @ '62. Early latch ended in '66, so no later than that. :vcool:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien