The *NEW* Taurus Curve

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

The *NEW* Taurus Curve

Post by Rongo »

Taurus-Curve.jpg
The Concealed Carry gun that prints on your body like a smartphone... Not a gun. Why didn't I think of that!! :facepalm1:

Suggest Retail is under $400, If it proves to be reliable Taurus is gonna make a boatload of $$$ off this one. Did I mention they patented this little guy? 380 Auto, 6 +1, has a laser & LED light to boot! :vcool:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/ Review

http://www.taurususa.com/whats-new-the-curve.cfm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The *NEW* Taurus Curve

Post by Rongo »

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I thought this was going to be about the car, nice teeny little gun, I like something with more heft. With a little gun my options are reduced to shoot, I am not always in the mood to kill someone, every February 31st I have a weak moment were I might just bash someone's teeth in instead of shooting them. For that I need the solid heft of my big Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Cool gun, wish they made it in 9mm.. Easer to find ammo, and a smidge more stopping power. Wonder how snappy it is.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

The NEW Taurus curve is sure different. So much so it looks more like a phone than a gun( like my LCP . 380) The one time I had to pull a gun on someone to protect myself all I had to do, before actually shooting,was show them I had a gun.The expression on their face, upon seeing I had the means to kill them ,was pure terror.It probably saved me from a legal nightmare and many nights sleep.Nice gun though.JGC
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

Ya I was looking at this last night it sure look's interesting to me.
Burrhead
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Unless you're a southpaw. :angry4:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
target

Post by target »

The Taurus Curve:
Because in a self defense situation do you really need sights?
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I can't believe I am thinking this, but I think I like it. It is a purpose built tool rather than a perfumed pig.
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

I'd imagine they'll step up caliber sizes once the market accepts it as a viable CC piece. I'm liking on this as well. I would like the option of removing the laser and light.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:I can't believe I am thinking this, but I think I like it. It is a purpose built tool rather than a perfumed pig.
I was thinking the same thing. All the bother of holsters, proper apparel choices & such gets some reprieve with this one. Reminds me of when the Glock first came out. A eureka moment.

"Dang that entropy"
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Cool! A gun I have absolutely no desire to shoot or own. Don't have lights or lasers on my handguns either.

But, that is the beauty of a more or less free market. You want a compact 1911 in 9mm, they make 'em. You want a .44mag revolver, they make 'em. Want a large .45 Glock, or a tiny .380 Glock, you guessed it they make them. The curved grip is interesting.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

And just think Fred how guiltless you would feel if you suddenly had the need to toss the pistol in the river. Couldn't say that about a nice 1911!
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

bunkysdad wrote:And just think Fred how guiltless you would feel if you suddenly had the need to toss the pistol in the river. Couldn't say that about a nice 1911!
No No Bunky that's when you toss in the Mother N Law. :lol: Then take the 1911 home.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

bunkysdad wrote:And just think Fred how guiltless you would feel if you suddenly had the need to toss the pistol in the river. Couldn't say that about a nice 1911!
We got rocks and such to toss into the river.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Do I detect a slant cut on the front of the barrel? A slant cut would help reduce the rise when shooting and help keep it on target.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:Do I detect a slant cut on the front of the barrel? A slant cut would help reduce the rise when shooting and help keep it on target.
I thought so too... It seems that the cut helps in it's snag free ability though.

"Dang that entropy"
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

It's hard to tell in the pics, but the entire frame of the gun is "curved" to form against your thigh. Neat design, not sure about lack of sights but i guess your aiming for central mass with that one.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

This might be one of those guns that shot around corners.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

bunkysdad wrote:This might be one of those guns that shot around corners.

A liberal approved firearm? :chuckles: