anyone own a Century Arms CEMTE?

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
walnut red

anyone own a Century Arms CEMTE?

Post by walnut red »

I looked one over at a LGS the other day. I don't know anything about these, the bore looked like they used a military barrel for the rebuild as it show some wear. But at $500 with 6 magazines it was tempting.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: anyone own a Century Arms CEMTE?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If the laws of your state say you can own it then you can own it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

I had one acouple of years ago and it shot great. wish I had kept it.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

The CETME .308 cal. has many loyal followers that report a strong admiration for the various models available ,Many companies offer after market parts such as Buymilsurp.com and Wikapedia offers their info online. I have shot the CETME with an HK parts kit and it was like a new .308. If you research the CETME online you will find a great deal of info on the weapon and its background,with a club that publishes general info on available CETME info and sources.Good Luck JGC
House Beagle

Post by House Beagle »

I own a PTR91GI, which I highly recommend if you are looking for a G3 pattern rifle. Little more than $500 but it beats the price for a real HK91.
mrmark99

Post by mrmark99 »

No, but I have "fixed" 7 or 8 of them. Magwell issues, and roller lockup issues, and canted front sights, and parkerized over rust.
I don't really recommend the buying of them.
sapishka

Post by sapishka »

theres a G3 german version Century here at my local gun shop has the german stock wood 11 mags and all ,looks all killer bad A@# ,but ...what he saids the truth on them for certain .Been there for over a year for 1100.00 with all those extras ....still ...what he said ..

sapishka
hyena429

Post by hyena429 »

Stay away from the Century G3 aluminum block version...It is a horror story :( My cousin paid 600 for one 12 years ago, " new" was not hard on it at all, Shot great for a few weeks, but no matter how much we cleaned and oiled it, it was getting harder and harder to pull back..Finaly we could not get it too pull back " being easy on it too" letting it break it..We took it back into the gun store and they traded for another, that one started doing the same thing in short time.. We took it back in and traded it in on a down payment on a colt..lol

Centruy really screwed the pooch on some of them G3'S..so watch out...If you see the main body is painted aluminum, run away!!