My first real pu sniper

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
gurn

My first real pu sniper

Post by gurn »

Picked my AIM pu up today. I am very pleased with it. This is my first real pu so give me your opinions or criticisms. First thing I notice is there is no refurb mark or it. At least none that I am aware of on the barrel or receiver. May be missed? Do the numbers look forced matched? If so they did a good job. I have taken it apart and every part inside and out that has a mark has an Izhevsk mark even the cleaning rod. On to the Yoshkar-Ola scope. also no refurb mark. What would the /25\ and the "P" mean? The scope looks dead new from the finish to the optics. The trigger is nice, smooth and crisp and the bore is like new. A big thumbs up to AIM! Thanks guys.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ps. No it didn't get rained on that's condensation after being in the cool house. It quickly builds up with the humidity we have here. Before I took it out I gave it a good coating of Fluid Film.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
martin08

Re: My first real pu sniper

Post by martin08 »

Ratnik of Gunboards once posted the details on the /25\ optics refurbishment program, but I'll be danged if I can find that reference today.

Save from the (now usual) multiple stamps, that is one nice example. Congrats.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

martin08 wrote:Ratnik of Gunboards once posted the details on the /25\ optics refurbishment program, but I'll be danged if I can find that reference today.

Save from the (now usual) multiple stamps, that is one nice example. Congrats.
Is this it Matt? http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... n-PU-scope
martin08

Post by martin08 »

That is a pretty good link, as it shows some actual documentation. But there was another thread in which he named the facility and town.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Are these "real" sniper because if so, that's a good price and I may order one.
Kollaa kestää
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Looks fantastic, you got a nice one. Congrats :thumbsup:
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

Part of the new Tula Arms batch, these all seem to be really nice so far and only $550.
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

are these the same as the ones wideners is offereing for 499 ?? i read the details on there sight and it said these were not original snipers but instead reproductions done in the 2000s? i like that rifle tho gurn and i want a sniper but so much controversary makes me steer clear being im limited on info
gurn

Post by gurn »

They are real and a very nice batch from the reports. Don't get one of those fake ones Dan. Trust me and get one from AIM while you can. As Monk says, You will thank me later.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

That is a really good looking rifle. As I have never been close to a PU sniper rifle before, how bad does it really smell? :mrgreen:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Dan4good wrote:are these the same as the ones wideners is offereing for 499 ?? i read the details on there sight and it said these were not original snipers but instead reproductions done in the 2000s? i like that rifle tho gurn and i want a sniper but so much controversary makes me steer clear being im limited on info
No these are coming out of Tula in Russia and have all original military parts, no reproductions. I have no idea where those humped together things Widener's is selling are coming from. On that last part "i want a sniper but so much controversary makes me steer clear being im limited on info" These are without a doubt completely authentic and universally accepted as such http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-bolt.shtml
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

whats the difference between the aim ones and these rguns ones as posted above by mike?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Dan4good wrote:whats the difference between the aim ones and these rguns ones as posted above by mike?
The RGuns snipers have been for sale for a long while now. They got a huge shipment years ago and were checked by quite a few people that are respected in the collecting community along with the fact they had paperwork showing where they came from and when they were refurbished. They were deemed to be authentic rifles that went through the arsenal refurb program and were stored until they were sold to RGuns. That can't really be said about the ones from Tula or Molot. Though they have authentic, not reproduction parts, when and who refurbed them is unknown.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

WeldonHunter wrote:
Dan4good wrote:whats the difference between the aim ones and these rguns ones as posted above by mike?
The RGuns snipers have been for sale for a long while now. They got a huge shipment years ago and were checked by quite a few people that are respected in the collecting community along with the fact they had paperwork showing where they came from and when they were refurbished. They were deemed to be authentic rifles that went through the arsenal refurb program and were stored until they were sold to RGuns. That can't really be said about the ones from Tula or Molot. Though they have authentic, not reproduction parts, when and who refurbed them is unknown.
You get what you pay for. :2cents:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

WeldonHunter wrote:
Dan4good wrote:are these the same as the ones wideners is offereing for 499 ?? i read the details on there sight and it said these were not original snipers but instead reproductions done in the 2000s? i like that rifle tho gurn and i want a sniper but so much controversary makes me steer clear being im limited on info
No these are coming out of Tula in Russia and have all original military parts, no reproductions. I have no idea where those humped together things Widener's is selling are coming from. On that last part "i want a sniper but so much controversary makes me steer clear being im limited on info" These are without a doubt completely authentic and universally accepted as such http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-bolt.shtml
These are the last batch of imported sniper rifles from "Russia". They are not handled by Molot. They are refurbished exactly like the Ukrainian snipers (RGUNS and others). They are both Izhevsk and Tula snipers. All look like they have real parts and rifles that are refurbished not force marked with modern serial numbers like Molots are. They are force marked by the arsenal just like a regular non sniper and Ukrainian snipers were.

This is a real sniper rifle which has not been touched after refurbishment by the Russian arsenals,. This is not a reproduction or "Fake".

These are interesting sniper rifles. Very nice 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) rifle!

Darryl
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Thanks Darryl, your confirmation just cost me $571, :thumbsup:

I too wanted a sniper but have always been turned off by the fakes and questionable snipers.
Kollaa kestää
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

dolk wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:
These are the last batch of imported sniper rifles from "Russia". They are not handled by Molot. They are refurbished exactly like the Ukrainian snipers (RGUNS and others). They are both Izhevsk and Tula snipers. All look like they have real parts and rifles that are refurbished not force marked with modern serial numbers like Molots are. They are force marked by the arsenal just like a regular non sniper and Ukrainian snipers were.

This is a real sniper rifle which has not been touched after refurbishment by the Russian arsenals,. This is not a reproduction or "Fake".

These are interesting sniper rifles. Very nice 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) rifle!

Darryl
Of the 2 that I received from Classic only one has the 25 mark, and very pleased especially with the bores.
These appear not to be Molots, but from another facility, owing to the Molot model designations not being present.
Yeah, I'm happy to have a '43 & '44 both Izhevsk's. At a Classic price. :bwink:

Would have died, and gone to heaven if one had been a Tula... :thumbsup:
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

Lee-online wrote:Thanks Darryl, your confirmation just cost me $571, :thumbsup:

I too wanted a sniper but have always been turned off by the fakes and questionable snipers.
sweet post pics once you got her :thumbsup: :Drool1:
gurn

Post by gurn »

I'm tempted to order another one as an investment. Especially if this truly is the last of these good ones.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah, why not. Order 2 more. Twice the investment. :P