Mosin Nagant Bayonet

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
yoy543

Mosin Nagant Bayonet

Post by yoy543 »

Ok I want to show some of my friends some 91/30 bayonet drills and i told them i would look it up and we could do some next time i met them . well i got online today looking some up and i couldnt find them anywhere. so i was wondering do any of you guys know any cool tricks or drills to do with the bayonet.
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Mosin Nagant Bayonet

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

With that long of a rifle and the length of the bayonet the only cool ones I've seen are knocking out light fixtures and TV screens. Other than those all I can think of is thrusting it into a straw dummy with a German helmet.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Getting the bayonet on and off a 91/30 with ease is a drill all in itself! Getting it through the house and out the door without causing a major amount of damage is yet another accomplishment.

Man, if you ever do attempt any type of drill work with your friends close by and watching, be damn careful. Its surprising how your mind and body doesn't sense the extra length of the bayonet and very, very bad things can happen.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The idea was to take a farm boy or factory worker who had never held a firearm before and turn them into some semblance of soldier before sending them into battle, or if it was peace time, send them home in two years after their compulsory conscription term was up. Just getting them to be able to hit a target with the rifle was hard enough, they didn't go spinning the rifle around and playing with it. Stabbing a hay stuffed German uniform was about it. Our honor guards do some great bayonet drills, but they are using much shorter M1903's, Garands, M14's and the M16. Shorter rifles with shorter bayonets and much better balance. The honor guards are also highly trained and practice regularly, I do not recommend doing such things with the Mosin, not even the M44, serious injury an result, if the injury is to bystanders then serious lawsuits can result.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
yoy543

Post by yoy543 »

i meant training drills sorry you know run in a certain way stab a cardboard box and do it again .. you know
avenger

Post by avenger »

I stab my brothers hay bale he uses for arrow shooing every now and then..just for the feeling of history..and sometimes hilarity as well :lol: :mrgreen:
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
mosinjunkie

Post by mosinjunkie »

Carrying a Mosin with the bayonet mounted through the house without destroying something is enough of a challenge. Imagine a Marine Corps silent drill platoon with those suckers. :lol:
The gun control nuts are talking to your lawmakers! AS A GUN OWNER, YOU SHOULD BE TOO!
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

avenger wrote:I stab my brothers hay bale he uses for arrow shooing every now and then..just for the feeling of history..and sometimes hilarity as well :lol: :mrgreen:
That's great I was going to say the same thing, nothing beats a bale of alpha for bayonet practice, you probably don't want the neighbor's to see you though :brolleyes:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Get youself a copy of "Hardee's Manual" It tells you all about marching and the things you do . with a musket from the time period of about 1859 through the Civil war. That is about the closest thing I can come up with. Only problem I can see for you is when the squad car pulls up and the cop gets out pulls his Glock and tells you to drop it if you do it in your back yard. If the range you "play" at the range I can see you getting the old "Heave Ho" from the range Master. .....................Have Fun >>>>>>>>>>NOT
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Or you might find a rock in the hay and mash the tip of your bayonet.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

I've got a beautiful scratch on my ceiling fan from my first 91/30 bayonet. It looks very similar to the scratch on the one in my old bedroom, where my guitar head made contact. :shock: Guess life really is a bunch of circles. :biggrin:
mosinjunkie

Post by mosinjunkie »

I watched some old fifties film footage of the big Soviet military parades in Red Sqaure. Watching those troops marching in close quarter, those bayonets just inches away from the soldier in front or in back. I bet there were casualties in every parade.
The gun control nuts are talking to your lawmakers! AS A GUN OWNER, YOU SHOULD BE TOO!