Finally got to shoot it!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
outdooraddict

Finally got to shoot it!

Post by outdooraddict »

These bad boys boom, not horrible for the first time @ 30 yards. Firstt two missed from flinching, something about shooting a gun that hasn't been fired for years. Even though I did check everything before hand.
Shoot from the kneeling position, held a very tight bread on it assuming it would hit high from everything I read.
1942 Izhevsk 91/30

Now I'm heading over to shoot from a bench at some tannerite and more targets with my nephews and brother in law.
Last edited by outdooraddict on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Finally got to shoot it!

Post by Longcolt44 »

Well ain't that super. Are you going to tell or show us just what the heck you were shooting?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Luthierseye

Post by Luthierseye »

Yeah, we gotta see pics!! And you are fortunate to be able to use metal in the target stand. My range outlawed metal frames for fear of ricochet. Anyone else have that rule to live with?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cool, 30 yards, I am guessing you were shooting a handgun of some sort? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Luthierseye wrote:Yeah, we gotta see pics!! And you are fortunate to be able to use metal in the target stand. My range outlawed metal frames for fear of ricochet. Anyone else have that rule to live with?
My club says, "Paper targets only".
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
outdooraddict

Post by outdooraddict »

Luthierseye wrote:Yeah, we gotta see pics!! And you are fortunate to be able to use metal in the target stand. My range outlawed metal frames for fear of ricochet. Anyone else have that rule to live with?

That's the advantage of having sister's that live in the country.

Here are some 50 yard shots. These are so fun to shoot, started getting used to it towards the end. It was too Damn windy today.

Last edited by outdooraddict on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

ImageImageMy club say "no full metal jacket" so you know what the cure for that is right? And it was on the porch today!
Way to go there addict! Target pictures always make me grin.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

By the way, windy you say? It was windy her too. Too windy for shooting I thought so I finally made good on my promise to my wife to buy the new tires. They cost me as much as a nice new Finn m28 too.
outdooraddict

Post by outdooraddict »

Part of the log that split on the tannerite. There was 4 pieces afterwards, I think my nephew got a kick out of it.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It"s fun isn't it. I like the big boom when you hit it.
outdooraddict

Post by outdooraddict »

bunkysdad wrote:It"s fun isn't it. I like the big boom when you hit it.
Yep, we shot up the 1/2# targets yesterday. Have 1# but now it's going to rain all day...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

bunkysdad wrote:By the way, windy you say? It was windy her too. Too windy for shooting I thought so I finally made good on my promise to my wife to buy the new tires. They cost me as much as a nice new Finn m28 too.
Way too windy this weekend. I wanted to go but I would have been blown off the road. Tires :angry4: I need to get some for the wife's Buick. She needs at least two but I hate not having the same rubber all around.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F