Spam can prices

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
tide72

Spam can prices

Post by tide72 »

Is $119 too much to pay for Soviet era spam can of 7.62 x 54? Bought one today... seems like I paid $88 for a spam can around Thanksgiving.
B24

Re: Spam can prices

Post by B24 »

LGS here is getting $110 plus 7% sales tax.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

The goings on in Ukraine & possible US sanctions against Russia have caused a run of panic buying on surplus 7.62x54R driving the prices up.
tide72

Post by tide72 »

I got the spam can plus a box of 500 .22LR for $200 out the door including tax... probably about as good as can be expected right now :(
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

tide72 wrote:I got the spam can plus a box of 500 .22LR for $200 out the door including tax... probably about as good as can be expected right now :(
:o Ouch! 22LR is slowly coming back to Walmarts around here PNW. I stumbled into 3 550rnd Federal boxes at my local Walmart yesterday. $23.83 a box.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

There are a couple of local yokel ads around here for $200 a can. :big shock: :angry4:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:There are a couple of local yokel ads around here for $200 a can. :big shock: :angry4:
I would like to know what they paid for them.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

outdooraddict

Post by outdooraddict »

I thought I saw couple places that were just under $200 fir 880. No idea what shipping is, still trying to convince my wife I need them
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
.Last week I found three (3) crates of Bulgarina (10) 147 gr 7.62x 54r ammo at $171.00 (2) two 440 spam cans. This was the first I seen since last year. Yesterday I seen a few 54r . The prices were $85 (same guy). But I seen a few crooks selling one Russian can 440 rds. @ $125.00. Along with others avg. around $115.00. The only Mosins were really beaters T53's from $180 to $ 220. I just looked and kept walking. I do not even take my little red wagon no more. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

locally I have seen it for $100 a can on sale at Dunhams, at gun shows it has been in the $120 range with some asking for more.

I buy it online from the usual places we all know and it is in the $200-220 shipped for a crate of 880. If they are sold out, click on the "notify me" link so you get an email when they have it in stock. When they do, buy a case because it sells out fairly quick.
Kollaa kestää
dou44

Post by dou44 »

aim raised there price to $99 a can +shipping.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I was at an action this weekend, and there was some heavy ball milsurp in 15 round packages there. I wanted it bad, but not bad enough. It went for $9.00/15round pack. There were 24 packages in the box, and you had to buy all of it. I quit at $7.00, which was more than I should have gone.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Vad321

Post by Vad321 »

$119 for a spam can of corrosive surplus is getting on the edge of what I would pay at a LGS. Too high for an internet sale which would include S&H, imo. The price is going up simply due to the whole Ukraine/Russian crap going on and people panic buying. Considering how much of it comes out of Romania and Bulgaria, its just silly.
Ctrelok-2ID

Post by Ctrelok-2ID »

D**N "hoarders" and "flippers"! :-D
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

The way it's going now, you guys think the prices will ever come back down to where they were before everybody suddenly discovered Ukraine?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Chiroptile wrote:The way it's going now, you guys think the prices will ever come back down to where they were before everybody suddenly discovered Ukraine?
As long as the vendors can get the prices they do the price stays high. Traditionally ammo doesn't go down in price much anyway. There's dips and spikes but they seem to progress up. Right now there's more than 20 surplus listings on gun-deals http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x54R and the price is staying high because the ammo is moving. The crap going on over in eastern Europe is part of it but our own market is more to blame. Politics and the constant assault on the second amendment and firearm ownership has driven people buy firearms that normally wouldn't. That's driving demand up along with other factors. As long as the political climate stays where it is, here and around the world especially Ukraine and that region I don't see things changing much.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

WeldonHunter wrote:
Chiroptile wrote:The way it's going now, you guys think the prices will ever come back down to where they were before everybody suddenly discovered Ukraine?
As long as the vendors can get the prices they do the price stays high. Traditionally ammo doesn't go down in price much anyway. There's dips and spikes but they seem to progress up. Right now there's more than 20 surplus listings on gun-deals http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x54R and the price is staying high because the ammo is moving. The crap going on over in eastern Europe is part of it but our own market is more to blame. Politics and the constant assault on the second amendment and firearm ownership has driven people buy firearms that normally wouldn't. That's driving demand up along with other factors. As long as the political climate stays where it is, here and around the world especially Ukraine and that region I don't see things changing much.
Spot on.
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Gander Mtn. in my town sells a 440 rd. spam can for $129.99 :angry4: :angry4:
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

wolfstein wrote:Gander Mtn. in my town sells a 440 rd. spam can for $129.99 :angry4: :angry4:
Gander Mountain is something of a rob in my opinion. I have only ever purchased two M91/30s there, both hex receivers (very uncommon at GM). I really wonder how some of these places stay in business.

I feel for you if they are the only game in town. You can always order over the net.
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

A little conflicted here.. I have three unopened spam cans. Feel like I should get more while the prices are where they are at. At the same time, if I do that, I'm contributing to the markup.. Where would you guys draw a line for a spam?