I R Gunsmith

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
White Horseradish

I R Gunsmith

Post by White Horseradish »

IMG_0180.JPG
This here is a CZ-75. Not the common commercial 75B, but a true Czech surplus 75, no firing pin block. It is common knowledge that 75 and 75B magazines are different. Pre-B mags are like hen's teeth. Post-B mags are all over the place.

The actual difference is that the newer mags are a bit larger. When you try to insert them into the gun they go in about this far.
IMG_0181.JPG
I armed myself with files, a dremel, and some persistence. The end result is that the mags fit like so:
IMG_0182.JPG
And now I have a very nicely functional surplus CZ-75. Not a pretty one, though. The early CZ finish is craptacular in all it's peeling inglory. I am not yet certain if I will refinish it, but I just might...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: I R Gunsmith

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Refinish :beek: I think not, it looks fine as it is :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
cuate

Post by cuate »

Thats great thinking and gunsmithing. I do thinks like that occasionally when ite either that or nothing. The difference between we handy with tools and they whom are not.
I like your user name, have a pal way up in WVA that is "IBePistolsmith". He built himself an AR15 from parts gotten here and there...Enjoyed your post and keep after it !
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Craptacular... I like that word.

Hey, Whatever works... Great job! 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
White Horseradish

Rongoman wrote:Craptacular... I like that word.
I R good in English, too. Renaissance man, I am. :biggrin:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I would not refinish it.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

entropy

Post by entropy »

Nice job, WH! We'll have to get out to shoot it this summer! I have a new pistol you'd like, also. I haven't heard "darn that entropy" from the MN side of the river for a while..... :twisted:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

entropy wrote:Nice job, WH! We'll have to get out to shoot it this summer! I have a new pistol you'd like, also. I haven't heard "darn that entropy" from the MN side of the river for a while..... :twisted:
It's been awhile since I've said it too! Oh wait, it's in my SIG. Dang that entropy!!! :twisted: :lol:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
White Horseradish

Given the weather lately, that might be soon... :mrgreen:

I have a few interesting things you haven't seen as well. And now I don't have to disarm crossing the border, which is a nice bonus.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

White Horseradish wrote:Given the weather lately, that might be soon... :mrgreen:

I have a few interesting things you haven't seen as well. And now I don't have to disarm crossing the border, which is a nice bonus.
That's right! An armed border crossing... :vcool: :vcool:

"Dang that entropy"