M70a Magazines

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
InOmaha

M70a Magazines

Post by InOmaha »

I'm almost finished with my conversion of a Yugo M57 from 7.62x25 to 9mm. I have it set up to switch back and forth easily.

I tried the 9mm in 7.62x25 magazines but didn't like the slop and the bullets sliding around. So I searched the internet for M70a magazines and found J&G sales has them for $20 each. I picked 4 of them. Now that I have mine in hand and they appear to be correct, I thought I'd give up my source to everyone here looking for one. yugo tokarev m70a 9mm 8rd magazine unissued

There appears to be 23 of them remaining.

The only thing I'm missing now is a mag well spacer plate like you'd find in the 9mm Norinco 213 Tokarev clone. Numerich had them at one time (Numrich link), but they are sold out. It looks like I'll need to fabricate my own.

If anyone has dimensions on this part that would be helpful. Otherwise I'll approximate it with calipers and estimates then work big to small. :D
Dakota Mosins

Re: M70a Magazines

Post by Dakota Mosins »

Thanks for the tip on were to find these magazines... I just snagged 3 of them. They are going for $40 to $90 each on eBay!!
InOmaha

Re: M70a Magazines

Post by InOmaha »

Yeah, I looked on eBay and they were expensive. A little more searching and I ran across these and pounced. I got them in the mail yesterday and other then a little cleaning they look good and fit. With my M57 I'll need to add a spacer to take up the difference in width. The m70a and m88a use a block at the bottom and one on the trigger/hammer assembly. I should be able to use a steel block 1/4 x 1/2 as a spacer for a tight fit.