AIM At It Again With Laminate M91/30 with Tula Hand Pick Opt

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

AIM At It Again With Laminate M91/30 with Tula Hand Pick Opt

Post by WeldonHunter »

AIM has laminate stock M91/30 round receiver Mosin Nagants up for sale now with the option to handpick for Tula receiver as well as handpick for condition option. Starts at $89.95 http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... x54R+Rifle

Now all we need is them to get the M44s back in stock.
pacanis

Re: AIM At It Again With Laminate M91/30 with Tula Hand Pick

Post by pacanis »

That pic looks just like all the laminates I saw at the gun show last weekend. They had a good mix on the table and two crates marked as sold. A lot of hexes, too. No Finns that I saw. They all looked well done.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

pacanis wrote:That pic looks just like all the laminates I saw at the gun show last weekend. They had a good mix on the table and two crates marked as sold. A lot of hexes, too. No Finns that I saw. They all looked well done.

Yeah they do look nice. I am sooo tempted right now. :vconfused:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

OH YOU NEED ONE ALRIGHT Weldon. You might also consider a hex laminate too or maybe a M44 lammy??? Maybe????????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:OH YOU NEED ONE ALRIGHT Weldon. You might also consider a hex laminate too or maybe a M44 lammy??? Maybe????????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Do Not Tempt Me Kind Sir. Now Be Off With You!! <----said with a British accent
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

The picture shows a stock bolt just aft of the trigger guard. Is that normal for laminated stocks? (I don't own a M91/30 with laminated). AIM is a good outfit. I had my dealer order a hand pick M44 from them. I got a real nice one. I have ordered a bunch of Russian surplus 7.62x54r ammo from them; all of it has been great.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Now that is tempting....

Maybe 2????
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Rongoman wrote:Now that is tempting....

Maybe 2????
Stop it!! Stop It!! Taunt me no more....Now be off or I shall wave my private parts at your Aunties. I fart in you're general direction. Opps sorry I slipped off into Monty Python. Happens sometimes. I only listed these on gun-deals and here. Maybe if I post it some other places they'll sell out and I won't be sitting here in such inner turmoil. :?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Most laminate stocks will have that extra stock bolt to add strength to the rear tang area to stop the plywood from splitting there when fired. The eary ones didn't have this but they found that they needed it. So if you find one that soesn't have it it would be one of the first lammys made. :D :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
crwjr

Post by crwjr »

OOOHHHHH man this is tempting :twisted: :twisted: I dont have a tula Yet :twisted: :twisted: Is it worth sleeping with the dogs in 20 degree weather :vconfused: HELL YA IT IS :lol: :lol: :toast:
”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
~George Washington
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

crwjr wrote:OOOHHHHH man this is tempting :twisted: :twisted: I dont have a tula Yet :twisted: :twisted: Is it worth sleeping with the dogs in 20 degree weather :vconfused: HELL YA IT IS :lol: :lol: :toast:
I must have clicked that link 30 times tonight. I keep hoping they'll sell out. That way I wouldn't feel so bad. Man this is hard. :no: :no: :no:
MadisonAV

Post by MadisonAV »

The Finns I have bought so far didn't come with the cleaning kits. One bayonett would be nice too. By the time I've ordered and paid for shipping on those parts, with just a few more dollars I'd have my first all Russian.

Isn't it amazing how we rationalize things? :sad: :shock: :mrgreen:
MN#1 - Finnish M39 - 1941 - More when it arrives ...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think you could buy 2 russians for the price of one bayonet. I have only seen one and it was way up there. :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

crwjr wrote:OOOHHHHH man this is tempting :twisted: :twisted: I dont have a tula Yet :twisted: :twisted: Is it worth sleeping with the dogs in 20 degree weather :vconfused: HELL YA IT IS :lol: :lol: :toast:
Why would you bee sleeping with the dogs in 20.....Oh, is this another " my wife won't let me have another " things? Being single I wouldn't know about that, I could buy 20 rifles and the cat wouldn't give a shit what I do :lol:
Just get it, the wife will just have to understand that you have a disease that has no cure, and can only be treated by the addition of new milsurps to your collection :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I've been hovering over the checkout button all morning.... But I would be scraping by if I do. And the Wife would surely flog me as I promised no guns this month. :vconfused: :vconfused:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, but did you specify what month?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dubois9837

Post by dubois9837 »

I just ordered one from Aim about 3 hours ago with the tula handpick option. Cost $118 shipped to my door. It seems the price on these have gone up quite a bit lately. Gunbroker has been selling them at some crazy prices. Saw one sell about 4 days ago that was similar ( tula laminate ) for $170 + shipping. I would never pay that for one but people are snatching them up. :beek:
Russian 91/30 Izhevsk hex 1924 ex dragoon
Russian 91/30 Izhevsk hex 1933
Russian 91/30 Tula hex 1936
Russian 91/30 Tula 1942 Laminate
Russian 91/30 Izhevsk 1943
Russian 91/30 Izhevsk 1942 Laminate
Chinese T-53
M39 1942 VKT
Yugo M48
More to come.

\
Alden

Post by Alden »

Just ordered one, Tula handpick laminate, $119 to my door.

I swore I wasn't going to pull the trigger on another one until April or May.

You guys are a terrible influence. :no:

Now all I need is a hex receiver, and a Finn, and I will have all the varieties I want.
Some people are like slinkies....

They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I will be an example to you all & resist the temptation. I will not order one... I will resist. Period.

"Dang that entropy"
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i got this local but it was from aim..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.