gun show ammo crate find

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Gerry

gun show ammo crate find

Post by Gerry »

Hi everyone,
Just got home from a local gun show in Leesport PA. and found a pretty good deal. I picked up a spam can for $110 with tax and they threw in the crate for free. Actually I had to stop them from mangling the crate trying to open it with a tire iron! I wanted the crate to make a wall hanger display of my Mosin stuff....instead of putting the 91/30 and extras in a gun case. The pricing was all over the place at the show....they have a crate of hex 91/30's for $199@ and the same guy had spam cans for $169 each! :beek: but he told me the prices are going up all over! :vcool:

So if you are in the area, check it out,

later, G.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BuckeyeSgt

Re: gun show ammo crate find

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Good deal. I need a few more crates. I put all my boxed ammo in them.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

I got 5 sitting in the garage. If you want them, you can have them!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

That's $110.00 for one can ? That strikes me as high but if it's for a crate (Two cans and an opener) it's great!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Ironnewt wrote:That's $110.00 for one can ? That strikes me as high but if it's for a crate (Two cans and an opener) it's great!

No just for one can, but the cheapest on the net right now is $85 per can at Dan's Ammo here in PA, plus PA tax 6%, $5 , plus shipping $20, so for $5 I got the crate I was looking for, and the ammo is nice and warm in my basement............just in case the world ends this afternoon! :biggrin:

G.
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Lotema wrote:I got 5 sitting in the garage. If you want them, you can have them!
I wish you were close by......I'd take em off your hands.

G.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

The Mosins are all 1930s, a mix of Tula's and Izhevks, about one third laminate stocks.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Up here we pay $299 for a crate with 2 spam cans.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

At the most it's only a few bucks extra, and for a cash and carry deal with a free crate I think it is a great deal.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

EXCUUUSE ME?
Please check out sportsman's guide and w/ membership free shipping offers. :angry4: It's a Hell'va lot less. :brolleyes:
But since I've got 8 wooden crates, excuse me 7 as the 1st went into an ammo can for quicker access! ;mywink;
I'd post a copy of The Shotgun News Oct. 2003 on the prices then, but I wouldn't want you to :vomit1: As to why we all didn't learn to appreciate the M-N's and Finn's earlier. :devil2:
My excuse was that I was purchasing US WW11 pieces, a K98, and Type 99, etc.
It's like gold coins which country, value, etc.
BUT :thumbsup: I've got a good supply to feed my '03's, M-1's, M-1 Carbines, K98's, & now my M-N's, and lastly 1895 Nagant :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
ZKend

Post by ZKend »

Gerry,

I got my Finn'd 91/30 at that flea market this past October. Im a resident of Reading!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I used to live in Farrell PA, right next to it is Sharon PA. There is a nice gun shop, I bought quit a few WWII firearms, Mosins, Mausers, sks's etc there. it is Elite Firearms. They have a nice 25 yard indoor range too. If you PA guys are close you would do good to check them out. He has a nice collection of machine guns too, he is a class III dealer.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

ZKend wrote:Gerry,

I got my Finn'd 91/30 at that flea market this past October. Im a resident of Reading!

Cool, I run service in Reading every week!....I have a plumbing biz.

G.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I always buy the railroads when I play Monopoly.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

I have a few empty crates out on my deck. I store all my non reloadable brass of all sorts in there, one of these days, i'll load it all up, and go recycle it, hell i probably have 100lbs of the stuff :shock:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.