1941 Tula Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
41_Tula

1941 Tula Mosin

Post by 41_Tula »

Hi all, I am looking for your wealth of knowledge in this rifle, I have added pictures of markings, your assistance in gaining knowledge is appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 41_Tula on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnyboy091373

Re: 1941 Tula Mosin

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

You luck SOB! I believe these are quite rare... 8 out of 10 on the rarity scale.
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

jonnyboy091373 wrote:You luck SOB! I believe these are quite rare... 8 out of 10 on the rarity scale.
Lol, I'm telling you! I found that exact same web page stating the rarity. I'm posting compressed photos now.
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

You have quite the rare rifle there, congrats!

I've probably seen 6-12 or so the past 5ish years, they're very difficult to find.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Congrats!!! These go for $400 and up IF they ever come up for sale. Thats a conservative number too. Have you checked the tang date?

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... =48&t=9316
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Have you removed the action from the stock, flipped it over, looked at the underside of the rear tang on the receiver to check the date and arsenal mark that should be there?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Very cool find.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Good find,....did you check the tang date ? Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

racerguy00 wrote:Congrats!!! These go for $400 and up IF they ever come up for sale. Thats a conservative number too. Have you checked the tang date?

I haven't, I'll check it today, thank you!!!!
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Excellent find! I keep my eye out for those but haven't come across one personally yet! Maybe I can borrow your lucky rabbits foot for the next time I go Mosin hunting!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

Lotema wrote::thumbsup: :thumbsup: Excellent find! I keep my eye out for those but haven't come across one personally yet! Maybe I can borrow your lucky rabbits foot for the next time I go Mosin hunting!
:D Thank you, I'll send you the lucky rabbits foot!
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

41_Tula wrote:
racerguy00 wrote:Congrats!!! These go for $400 and up IF they ever come up for sale. Thats a conservative number too. Have you checked the tang date?

I haven't, I'll check it today, thank you!!!!

As it turns out, there is no date. From reading up, it looks as if they needed to get these rifles to the troops and skipped the date stamp to get them out the doors and on the battle field. Does that sound correct to you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

Judi and her Mosins wrote::soapbox:
Good find,....did you check the tang date ? Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;

No date, I posted a picture though.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

All that I have seen have Izhevsk receivers like yours. Some dated some not. I have yet to see a 41 Tula receiver on one.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

A few more pictures.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Looks kinda like a Izhevsk receiver, around 41 the Tula plant closed for a while (Germans too close) lots of rifle parts were sent over to Izhevsk hence the Izhevsk receiver. Of the 2 or 3 41 Tulas I've seen pics of all were on Izhevsk receivers. Very nice score :thumbsup: Congrats
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

redspoon wrote:Looks kinda like a Izhevsk receiver, around 41 the Tula plant closed for a while (Germans too close) lots of rifle parts were sent over to Izhevsk hence the Izhevsk receiver. Of the 2 or 3 41 Tulas I've seen pics of all were on Izhevsk receivers. Very nice score :thumbsup: Congrats

Thank you, this is my first Mosin, I've got the bug now. I'll be hunting around, armed with more knowledge!! Thank you!! :thumbsup:
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

Stopsign32v wrote:
41_Tula wrote:
redspoon wrote:Looks kinda like a Izhevsk receiver, around 41 the Tula plant closed for a while (Germans too close) lots of rifle parts were sent over to Izhevsk hence the Izhevsk receiver. Of the 2 or 3 41 Tulas I've seen pics of all were on Izhevsk receivers. Very nice score :thumbsup: Congrats

Thank you, this is my first Mosin, I've got the bug now. I'll be hunting around, armed with more knowledge!! Thank you!! :thumbsup:
Good luck upping a '41 Tula. How did you find it? I've been looking since I started (4 months, I know not long) and cant even find one for sale.
I've been looking to add a Mosin to my small collection for some time, I happened to find an advertisement at Big5 Sporting Goods store here in Colorado. I stopped by last Friday and found this one, they had a total of four rifles in stock, this being the only Tula. I honestly didn't know what I was looking at until I got home and started researching the rifle. I only knew about that some Tulas were sought after a bit more, so I picked it up.

I guess the sun shines on a dog's a** every now and then!
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Stopsign32v wrote:
racerguy00 wrote:All that I have seen have Izhevsk receivers like yours. Some dated some not. I have yet to see a 41 Tula receiver on one.
wonder why?
Tula had switched to SVT production. '41 Tula barrels were likely left-overs shipped to Izhevsk for completion.

When I found mine and posted it online I was sent a barrage of offers to buy. A '41 Tula in the wild is a once in a lifetime thing according to a lot of collectors I've spoken with.
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

racerguy00 wrote:
Stopsign32v wrote:
racerguy00 wrote:All that I have seen have Izhevsk receivers like yours. Some dated some not. I have yet to see a 41 Tula receiver on one.
wonder why?
Tula had switched to SVT production. '41 Tula barrels were likely left-overs shipped to Izhevsk for completion.

When I found mine and posted it online I was sent a barrage of offers to buy. A '41 Tula in the wild is a once in a lifetime thing according to a lot of collectors I've spoken with.

Did you sell yours or do you still own it? I'm planning on keeping mine, as it's my first and only. What were your offers?