46 m44 cleaned... Pictures!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Vendetta

46 m44 cleaned... Pictures!

Post by Vendetta »

So I got around to cleaning my m44 thoroughly today. Here are some pictures. From what I can tell its a nonrefurb, and definitely no import marks ANYWHERE. Maybe a Korea bring back? What do the experts think?ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vendetta

Re: 46 m44 cleaned... Pictures!

Post by Vendetta »

And heres a good pic all cleaned up... Image
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Lookin good. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: I have a 46 also
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Very nice,..sure looks nice. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Wow What did you use to smooth that finish out so nicely? Looks almost too great! Nice rifle! Bill :wink:
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

zeebill wrote:Wow What did you use to smooth that finish out so nicely? Looks almost too great! Nice rifle! Bill :wink:
Just a little lemon oil. It looks great in the picture, but not nearly as nice in real life. Thank you though!!
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

:Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:..........I LOVE the M44's and M38's......they sure SOUND awesome at the range :chuckles: , produce wondrous 'pyro-tactics' :biggrin: :biggrin: and are quite accurate out to 75 yards :thumbsup: . They are also a rifle I personally keep "close by". Easy to handle, easy to shoot. :shifty: ......"just in case"
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

TopperT wrote::Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:..........I LOVE the M44's and M38's......they sure SOUND awesome at the range :chuckles: , produce wondrous 'pyro-tactics' :biggrin: :biggrin: and are quite accurate out to 75 yards :thumbsup: . They are also a rifle I personally keep "close by". Easy to handle, easy to shoot. :shifty: ......"just in case"
I agree! I am anxious to hear and see it vs to my Steyr M95... The steyr is a little lighter and shorter with more powder and bullet behind it... Should make for quite a display!
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

Awesome rifle. Love my M44 and our M38. Such a literal blast to shoot and gets a crowd behind us at the range. :D
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

nice one. Like the stock markings.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

fintowin wrote:nice one. Like the stock markings.
Thanks! It is not like my others... It seems Ivan went nuts with the Izhevsk stamp on this one. The only nonmatching part is the bolt (rings true for a bringback from what I have read, seperated bolts from rifles in piles, and trophy hunters got one from eacj pile to make a complete rifle) and even it has Izhevsk stamps on it.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Shot this thing yesterday, and I thought it had the worst bore of all of my milsurps, it came out looking like glass. All my others are nice dark bores, this one is a shiny mirror. I am stoked! :grin:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The bores can fool you until you get them cleaned up. Seen that over and over. Very nice carbine you have.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

bunkysdad wrote:The bores can fool you until you get them cleaned up. Seen that over and over. Very nice carbine you have.
I was afraidvthat it was a bit sewer pipey until i got home and dumped some windex down it. I checked them all again today to make sure i wasnt getting corrosion and the carbine is still a mirror. :-)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Good deal. Now for some fun at the range before winter.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

rusko75 wrote:Awesome rifle. Love my M44 and our M38. Such a literal blast to shoot and gets a crowd behind us at the range. :D
Ha! We had people stop shooting and gather behind us when my brother and I were touching off my Garand and Carbine together. It was pretty impressive from what I am told.
finloq

Post by finloq »

bunkysdad wrote:The bores can fool you until you get them cleaned up. Seen that over and over. Very nice carbine you have.
Some bad looking bores, do well. I have a few that look bad, but shoot well. I have a .22 that most would say is 'shot out', but it can still pull 1.5" at 50 yards.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"