Question on Makarov's

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
A_King89

Question on Makarov's

Post by A_King89 »

Soooo I was lookin into gettin a Makarov.. Preferably a Russian/Bulgarian. Any thoughts, comments, complaints or advice?
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

:1934 Tula 91/30:
:1944 Izhevsk M44:
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Question on Makarov's

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Are you looking for a shooter, a carry gun or a collector?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I was lucky enough to get a Russian IJ-70 back in the early 90's. The Russian military weapons are no longer being imported. The last Bulgarian I saw were about 6 months ago on J&G; haven't seen any since. Good luck finding ammo, as it is becoming scarce in the current panic. I don't shoot this one anymore; I shoot my CZ-82 in the same caliber. You can't wear out a CZ-82 -- like a stone. The design of the Makarov lends itself to wear internally. For the most part they are 5000 round guns before they have to be rebuilt. Parts are still fairly easy to find.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I've got one of those and love it. I think I paid $119 back in the day.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

A true surplus Russian Makarov will run between 500 to 1000 dollars, a non import marked one being the high priced one. The Bulgarian is almost identical to the Russian, usually priced 250 to 500 depending on current market. Another fairly common found true Makarov is an East German and a Chinese copy. Both of those will run roughly 375 to 800 depending on variant. Also, variants, little changes can alter the prices slightly.

The 9x18mm varants,the P64, P83 Wanad, Cz 82, and the PA63 all run between 200 to 450 or so. These variants have nothing in common with the original Makarovs above other than caliber. The Cz 82 is great hand gun, no issues out of the ones I have, the Polish P64 and P83 Wanad are decent also. The biggest down fall of most Makarov pistols is mag capacity, P64 6rds, a true Mak 8 rounds, the only exception is the Cz 82 with 12 rds .

Here are 2 of my Cz 82s, Polish P64 and P83 Wanad and a Bulgarian Makarov.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Well I have a .40 for my conceal carry.. Was gonna use it for shooting and I guess collecting. The wife doesn't carry much..
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

:1934 Tula 91/30:
:1944 Izhevsk M44:
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

I have a Russian Mak, an East German Mak, a CZ 82 and a P64. The Maks and the CZ 82 have been flawless in shooting. The P64 also has never jammed, but it does bite a bit when shooting. Would not sell any of them.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice grouping of pistols :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
evildog

Post by evildog »

Really nice collection of pistols... :thumbsup:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Consider the CZ-82... Great Pistol. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
svt1941

Post by svt1941 »

East German Makarovs have been the best in my experience. If you can find a surplus russian one - they are great too. Some of the commercial IJ 70s imported in the 1990s suffered from bad quality control issues - can have heavy double action pull, rough finish and metal edges, etc. Never had a Bulgarian, but read some horror stories about those. Chinese are pretty rare, but seem to be solid as well.
gurn

Post by gurn »

SOG still has the P83 in there catalog for $239.95. The one they sent me looks like new. A really nice feeling weapon.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!