AIM has 7.62x54R in stock

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rups63

AIM has 7.62x54R in stock

Post by Rups63 »

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... groupid=40

$90 per can. I picked one up for $107 and changed shipped. Last month I bought two cans at $80 per.
Ironnewt

Re: AIM has 7.62x54R in stock

Post by Ironnewt »

The dealers know or have learned that ammunition price increases are something they can get away with and are jumping on the bandwagon with the sellers of "modern" calibers.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Gah i already wanna jus go ahead and buy another can haha. So far AIM has treated me good. Even got a can opener with a purchase of only 440 rnds. :thumbsup: But alas... ill have to wait till next pay day. lol. I decided to get my Concealed Carry Permit instead :devil2:
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

:1934 Tula 91/30:
:1944 Izhevsk M44:
Mike

Post by Mike »

A_King89 wrote:Gah i already wanna jus go ahead and buy another can haha. So far AIM has treated me good. Even got a can opener with a purchase of only 440 rnds. :thumbsup: But alas... ill have to wait till next pay day. lol. I decided to get my Concealed Carry Permit instead :devil2:
Excellent! I've had my permit a little over a month. :biggrin:
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Yeah they told me it would take anywhere from 25-35 WORKING DAYS before they would call me to come pick it up!! :tissue: :tissue:
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

James811

Post by James811 »

A_King89 wrote:Gah i already wanna jus go ahead and buy another can haha. So far AIM has treated me good. Even got a can opener with a purchase of only 440 rnds. :thumbsup: But alas... ill have to wait till next pay day. lol. I decided to get my Concealed Carry Permit instead :devil2:
It is going to be difficult to conceal a Mosin Nagant!!! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy if possible."
- Stonewall Jackson
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Well I can think of one version that is not. But in no way do I condone making one! :x

The wait is for the background check to pass. It is normal. Hopefully some cans are still around in two weeks after my ebay crap has sold. I hope to stock up on more 54R! :wink:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

AIM's shipping is nuts. I'm one state over in WV, and they want $22 for one can, and $29 for 2 :shock: I know it's UPS rates, but damn. I'll just wait till zeebill gets ahold of some from his source, and buy some from him. I'd rather give Bill a few bucks than pay that price. I got plenty so i can wait :lol:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
Rups63

Post by Rups63 »

joe7170 wrote:AIM's shipping is nuts. I'm one state over in WV, and they want $22 for one can, and $29 for 2 :shock: I know it's UPS rates, but damn. I'll just wait till zeebill gets ahold of some from his source, and buy some from him. I'd rather give Bill a few bucks than pay that price. I got plenty so i can wait :lol:
The got $17.85 to ship one can up to WI, kitty corner to OH... it must be cheaper to ship diagonally.
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

Rups63 wrote:
joe7170 wrote:AIM's shipping is nuts. I'm one state over in WV, and they want $22 for one can, and $29 for 2 :shock: I know it's UPS rates, but damn. I'll just wait till zeebill gets ahold of some from his source, and buy some from him. I'd rather give Bill a few bucks than pay that price. I got plenty so i can wait :lol:
The got $17.85 to ship one can up to WI, kitty corner to OH... it must be cheaper to ship diagonally.
:roll: Go figure. Oh well, they can keep it. I used to buy alot from AIM, but anymore not so much.
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

All gone now I hear .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Terlingueno

Post by Terlingueno »

I just want one spam can, every time some comes available, I'm not near the computer. Frustrating
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

In time, Get a case, that way you have a spare spam can in stock.
Theodore Roosevelt
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

Terlingueno wrote:I just want one spam can, every time some comes available, I'm not near the computer. Frustrating
I have the email alerts set up on out of stock items, like when this came available today, I got an email on my ipod. I then took a 15 minute break and promptly ordered 880rds.
So if you are on the look out, it is pretty wise to set up the email alerts on OOS items.
GP Spmam

Post by GP Spmam »

I just got my :spam2: can of Bulgarian from Mother Earth Recycling for $130 including shipping. Thats a little steeper than AIM but available. Don't know anything about MER but they were super quick. The add says 80's vintage but the can looks like it was made yesterday.
image.jpg
The rounds look good too. We'll see if they go off. I'm ready to sling some steel.
I fired some of my old 7.62 x 25 rounds through my TT-33 the other day just to get rid of them. It was like firing a flintlock. There was a very uncomfortable delay between the hammer strike and the ignition of the powder. I hope this is not the case with the vintage Mosin ammo!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Rst assured, this is good ammo. You got nothing to worry about, unless you have a dirty chamber, as a sticking bolt can ruin a good range trip.
rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

Yep !!!! Good stuff there. Never had a problem .

Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

GP Spmam wrote:I just got my :spam2: can of Bulgarian from Mother Earth Recycling for $130 including shipping. Thats a little steeper than AIM but available. Don't know anything about MER but they were super quick. The add says 80's vintage but the can looks like it was made yesterday.
image.jpg
The rounds look good too. We'll see if they go off. I'm ready to sling some steel.
I fired some of my old 7.62 x 25 rounds through my TT-33 the other day just to get rid of them. It was like firing a flintlock. There was a very uncomfortable delay between the hammer strike and the ignition of the powder. I hope this is not the case with the vintage Mosin ammo!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

ENJOY! :thumbsup:
― Thomas Jefferson