New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
steelbuttplate

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by steelbuttplate »

Eyethird82 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:46 pm Hello,

My name is Amie hope everyone is well. This seems like a cool place to be. I'm an antique collector and have found a Mosin Nagant Bayonet. If anyone would mind telling me where the appropriate place to post a few pics so that I may possibly ask questions with help identifying exactly which kind and the year made I would really appreciate it.

Regards
If it has a 3 or 4 digit number, and is 4 sided, it is the cruciform type, and has poked holes in many Germans.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Spec4

Post by Spec4 »

Quite a forum you have here. Been checking it out for quite a few hours and being new got a lot to learn about navigating it all but I’ll get there. Interested in PU snipers as I own one and found lots of information here that’s really valuable. Got a few questions and pictures to upload but I’ll get to that after I do a little more studying and get up to speed.
♦️ CBTRY 5/4 ARTY
Vity

Post by Vity »

Hi, I just got another Mosin rifle and found out that I don't understand what i got :-). I hope, I will get some help here. Thank you in advance!
Mosin-Alaskan

Post by Mosin-Alaskan »

Hello all. New to the forum but not new to the Mosin. My wife had a 91/30 when we first got together, numbers matching but with a bore that left even a dark bore to be desired, so we did end up selling that one. We did however come across an absolute gem of a 1891/59 at a local store several weeks back, all numbers matching. A 1933r Ishevsk hex receiver. Brought it home, disassembled, de-cosmolined, and made ready for a range day this coming weekend. I also have a non numbers matching 1942 Ishevsk that I've done some work to, but under advisement of the forum rules, I'll refrain from mentioning it ever again. The 1891/59 will remain as is, and we'll keep this one to be passed down through the generations. Always looking to grow the arsenal though.

Glad to be here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracer51

Post by Tracer51 »

Hi All
Thanks for accepting me as a member.
Have an interesting Mosin Nagant rifle and hope to learn about it and others!
Cheers
Tracer51
Papahound

Post by Papahound »

Hi Gentlemen

New guy here - thanks for letting me in the group !
Looking forward to learning more about my m44 carbine :

Thanks again - Papahound
collector 30 or 60

Post by collector 30 or 60 »

Hello folks!

A new Canadian member here, and happy to be on board. I have several Mosins, with my personal favorite being a 1916 "Peter The Great" with a working wire cutter attachment.
Looking forward to engaging in some good discussions.

Cheers!
RC 762

Post by RC 762 »

Hello, my name is Bob. Just joined your forum. I’ve been collecting milsurplus firearms for ten years. My first surplus rifle was an overpriced ex sniper 91/30 for 170 Beans at Cabela’s for that time. I miss 2013 prices. But man, I wish I started collecting in the 2000s. Seems like those were the glory days and prior 2000s. Glad to join forum. I own 3 mosins and many various milsurplus firearms and a recent Finnish m28 acquisition I am waiting on to arrive at my FFL. Pictures to follow!
CCAMERA50

Post by CCAMERA50 »

Hallo gents , im a newby here - i'm a owner of a nice MN sniper ( with PU scope ) i utilize in the ex service matches here in Italy
i also reload the cartridges i utilize for all my ex service rifles ( Chilean and Argentine Mauser , Zastava M76 , Carcano 91/38 , AG 42 and others )
supernova88

Post by supernova88 »

Hey all - excited to join this great community of Mosin enthusiasts
Magyar49

Post by Magyar49 »

Howdy, quick question regarding the Mosin M91/38 carbines. Through those who have conducted statistical or serial number surveys, etc, does anyone have any idea how many , from a ball park estimation were imported? Numerically, it appears compared to the 91/59, perhaps, there is one 91/38 for every three 91/59s. Apparently both arrived in the late 1990s, pre 2000, Century St Albans, time frame. It almost seems both 91/59, and the 91/38 appear to have come in about the same time. .Ideas? Thanks a .bunch!
V17A

Post by V17A »

Just joined, looking for info on some of my non-typical Mosins. Look forward to learning from everyone!
S62malF4R

Post by S62malF4R »

Hello everyone!

I have recently bought my first Mosin: a finnish capture 91/30 that seems to have been reworked by the Finns with a spliced stock, counter boring and blade front sight. It has the usual "SA", "41" and "D" markings on the barrel shank.

The most interesting thing about it in my opinion is the more heavily worn finish on the receiver compared to the barrel. It might be explained by the "H" marking on the barrel shank, which i think means it's a replacement barrel?
It's a round receiver and a 1939 Tula barrel, so that seems a little soon for a replacement barrel on a round receiver? I'm not sure about that though.
Most of the parts are made by Tula, some are Ishevsk and the cocking piece by Remington weirdly.

All in all i love the character of it, the minor stock repairs, the counter boring, the finnish marks and replacement parts. It's an interesting piece and for 400€ not too expensive. I was more of a mauser guy before, but now I know why you guys love Mosins so much.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Mosins with help of the Forum!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

S62malF4R wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:18 am Hello everyone!

I have recently bought my first Mosin: a finnish capture 91/30 that seems to have been reworked by the Finns with a spliced stock, counter boring and blade front sight. It has the usual "SA", "41" and "D" markings on the barrel shank.

The most interesting thing about it in my opinion is the more heavily worn finish on the receiver compared to the barrel. It might be explained by the "H" marking on the barrel shank, which i think means it's a replacement barrel?
It's a round receiver and a 1939 Tula barrel, so that seems a little soon for a replacement barrel on a round receiver? I'm not sure about that though.
Most of the parts are made by Tula, some are Ishevsk and the cocking piece by Remington weirdly.

All in all i love the character of it, the minor stock repairs, the counter boring, the finnish marks and replacement parts. It's an interesting piece and for 400€ not too expensive. I was more of a mauser guy before, but now I know why you guys love Mosins so much.

Many Finn 91/30's are mixmasters. But they are tested fine tuned mixmasters. Have you looked to see what the tang date is ? Usually a Finn replacement barrel will be a VKT or Tikka .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

S62malF4R wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:18 am Hello everyone!

We are gonna need pictures of that.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
wickmac

Post by wickmac »

Hallo...
Ich habe mich noch garnicht richtig vorgestellt. Ich habe vor ein paar Tagen hier schon gepostet...
Ich bin noch ganz neu in Sachen Waffen unterwegs, wußte allerdings von Anfang an, was ich möchte! Ein freund von mir hat mit mir vor ca. zwei Wochen eine Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper gekauft. Selbst besitzen darf ich sie erst in ca. drei Monaten. Hier in Deutschland braucht alles seine Zeit! Sobald ich aktuelle Bilder habe, stelle ich sie gerne in dieses Forum. Zur zeit versuche ich viel herauszufinden, vor allem über alle Stempel... und es sind viele!
Gruß wickmac

Hello...
I haven't really introduced myself yet. I posted here a few days ago...
I'm new to guns, but I knew what I wanted from the start! A friend of mine bought a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper with me about two weeks ago. I won't be able to own it myself for about three months. Everything takes time here in Germany! As soon as I have current pictures, I'll be happy to post them in this forum. At the moment I'm trying to find out a lot, especially about all the stamps... and there are a lot!
greetings wickmac
elbeKay

Post by elbeKay »

Hi guys, I joined to do some research on the markings on my M39. I'll likely be posting some images eventually.
TowIIBRAVO

Post by TowIIBRAVO »

Howdy,
Very interesting forum. Thanks for the add.
Greedo1977

Post by Greedo1977 »

Howdy all!
I’ve been lurking here for a while, finally decided to join up since there seems to be more Mosin activity here than some other forums. Really can’t wait to share some cool stuff with y’all but most of all to learn even more!
-Richard
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Greedo1977 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:50 pm Howdy all!
I’ve been lurking here for a while, finally decided to join up since there seems to be more Mosin activity here than some other forums. Really can’t wait to share some cool stuff with y’all but most of all to learn even more!
-Richard
Welcome and please feel free to post pictures :cam2.gif: of your :hunter: and :popgun: