New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Southern

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Southern »

Howdy, my friends finally convinced me to go find a Mosin, for the sheer joy of owning one! I have a newly cleaned 1943 Izhevsk 91/30. I am making my first Bulgarian ammo purchase and looking for a good place to try this out with scaring small animals, women and children!
I did add an aftermarket strap, mine came with only a bayonet. I have a cleaning kit on order (original Russian)

dale4009

Post by dale4009 »

Hi I'm Dale. I just got my first Mosin, a 1929 Tula. I'm glad I found this forum. I've been trying to learn all I can about these rifles and the amount of information here is unbelievable. Thanks to everyone.
Celt

Post by Celt »

Welcome everybody!
Jump on in, the water is fine.
Aftermarket slings are fine. As long as you post lots of picts of your rifle!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

GP Spmam wrote:Hi folks,
I recently acquired a 1939 Mosin 91/30 and look forward to the expertise and opinion of the forum. The gun cleaned up well but I'm waiting to check the headspace prior to purchasing (or firing) ammo. I'll be reading the old posts for any info on that and other Mosin topics. Regards.
Welcome to the board, if we can help just ask :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Southern wrote:Howdy, my friends finally convinced me to go find a Mosin, for the sheer joy of owning one! I have a newly cleaned 1943 Izhevsk 91/30. I am making my first Bulgarian ammo purchase and looking for a good place to try this out with scaring small animals, women and children!
I did add an aftermarket strap, mine came with only a bayonet. I have a cleaning kit on order (original Russian)

Welcome to the board, nice first Mosin :) :thumbsup:
copperhead

Post by copperhead »

Hello everybody, this is my first post. I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and decided to register.I have two Mosin Nagants both have hex receivers, one is a 1928 ex dragoon, and the other is a 1933.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, two nice years, I like the older markings as found on that 1928 more so that the later ones, cool :)
GP Spmam

Post by GP Spmam »

Here's my "new" 1939 91/30 all cleaned up. Just for fun I included my 1940 Tokarev TT-33 and a pair of Soviet binocs I acquired somewhere. I never intended to collect Russian. Just happenstance.
GP Spmam
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
miklognasser

Post by miklognasser »

Not really a new guy here but its been several years since I've been here. I guess my account was deleted since its been so long :oops:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

GP Spmam wrote:Here's my "new" 1939 91/30 all cleaned up. Just for fun I included my 1940 Tokarev TT-33 and a pair of Soviet binocs I acquired somewhere. I never intended to collect Russian. Just happenstance.
GP Spmam
image.jpg
Nice rifle and gear :)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

miklognasser wrote:Not really a new guy here but its been several years since I've been here. I guess my account was deleted since its been so long :oops:
No, your account was on the old board, Bob retired, and closed it a couple of years ago, this is the new RMNF board, welcome back :), I remember you :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Welcome to the forum guys. Whether your first, or tenth you are welcome here, and we are always happy to see milsurps.
James811

Post by James811 »

Hi,

I am James. I am just starting my collection of classic weapons. My first weapon in the collection is a 1931 Tula Mosin-Nagant with a hex receiver.
boyerwood

Post by boyerwood »

Have purchased my first M1944 and am looking for all things Mosin Nagant.

Steve
Southern

Post by Southern »

Thanks for welcome. Now where do I post a question about markings? Mine has a marking on teh stock I was unable to find here. Its a circle with a T in it.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

James811 wrote:Hi,

I am James. I am just starting my collection of classic weapons. My first weapon in the collection is a 1931 Tula Mosin-Nagant with a hex receiver.
Welcome to the forum James, what's the second weapon going to be? :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

boyerwood wrote:Have purchased my first M1944 and am looking for all things Mosin Nagant.

Steve
Welcome to the board Steve :thumbsup: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Southern wrote:Thanks for welcome. Now where do I post a question about markings? Mine has a marking on teh stock I was unable to find here. Its a circle with a T in it.

The Mosin forum :) but I can help you with that one here, it's one of the many unknown markings you will find on these rifles. The Russians have never shared information with us, most will be inspection stamps or one sort or another .
Southern

Post by Southern »

Thanks. I didn't even notice it until I was taking pictures as I took it apart to clean it and I looked at the pictures full size on my computer. To be honest, I took a lot of pictures so if i got stuck putting it back together I would have a reference!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The Mosin is a simple rifle built for simple soldiers, I have a video up at the top of the Mosin section that can help you with the bolt, and another for the headspace, but the rest of the rifle is not that hard to deal with.