New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Signalboss

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Signalboss »

Hello Everyone, I own several M91's, M19/30's and two M44 and one M38 Russian and Finish. I have a couple question with pictures and will hopefully post them in the correct forum.
GFGLHMM

Post by GFGLHMM »

Hello, my name is Geoff; I found your forum by trying to research some Nagants for a friend of mine's widow. He is resting comfortably in Camp Butler National Cemetary, and his collection has been entrusted to me to organize. He was well-versed in history, and his knowledge and stories will be missed.
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

GFGLHMM wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:24 pm Hello, my name is Geoff; I found your forum by trying to research some Nagants for a friend of mine's widow. He is resting comfortably in Camp Butler National Cemetary, and his collection has been entrusted to me to organize. He was well-versed in history, and his knowledge and stories will be missed.
WE hope you can post pictures of them. How many ?
Kiel_23

Post by Kiel_23 »

Hello from germany,
as my Nick suggests I'm from Kiel in germany.

I own some nice WW2 guns and there is a 91/30 as well. That's the reason I am here.
1badf350

Post by 1badf350 »

Hi I'm Chris from Maryland. I just joined last night. My collection consists of just about everything. ARs, 50BMG, antique Winchesters, modern sporting rifles and shotguns, etc.
I have a few Mosins, a Finnish M27, a 91/30, and what I suspect is a Spanish Civil war 1918 Remington which I will post about in a bit. I do have some questions about it.
I also collect antique fishing tackle.
Glad to be on the board. :D
Brownie Nash

Post by Brownie Nash »

Brownie Nash here. First post. I have owned Mosin Nagants for 20 plus years. Enjoy them and the history.
Small+sam

Post by Small+sam »

Smallsam first post, trying to figure out how to post foto's
carterinktattoos0

Post by carterinktattoos0 »

Hello. I've inherited my father's collection of firearms. Includes is a mosin nagant. He was particular about his rifles, generally going for the higher quality weapons but the mosin I don't think he ever really was into. In fact I mentioned the potential and low cost of them many years ago and I think it's the main reason he picked one up. So now I'm trying to figure out what he got and seeing the values have gone up what it may be valued at. I tried to figure it out myself but holy crap.

And looks like I can't post pictures here so I will post asap
amcd711

Post by amcd711 »

Hello, I'm Andy. New to both Mosin's and this form. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.
chemano

Post by chemano »

Hello everyone!

I’m a new member but been around for some years. Reason for signing up is to get in touch with Vic Thomas again. Been more than ten years since I last had contact with him. Would anyone of you be so kind to send me his contact info? Best regards Carl from Norway
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

chemano wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:50 pm Hello everyone!

I’m a new member but been around for some years. Reason for signing up is to get in touch with Vic Thomas again. Been more than ten years since I last had contact with him. Would anyone of you be so kind to send me his contact info? Best regards Carl from Norway
This isn't Vic's board, he had gunboards, but is no longer affiliated with that . Possibly somebody may know how to find him.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
airborne118

Post by airborne118 »

Gents, new to the forum.....retired Army guy who loves surplus rifles...
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

airborne118 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:47 am Gents, new to the forum.....retired Army guy who loves surplus rifles...
Welcome aboard.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
airborne118

Post by airborne118 »

Many thanks sir...I love Mosins.....have for many years.....
Angry_grey_cat

Post by Angry_grey_cat »

Hi new Member here, and a collector of milsurps. Look forward to speaking with you
railroadweasel

Post by railroadweasel »

Semi-retired finally and finding time to enjoy the toys I bought 20 years ago and stuffed away. On the bucket list to use my 91/30 for some CMP competition locally here in Minnesota.
Berkmp02

Post by Berkmp02 »

Hello, my name is Martin and was just givemy first Mosin 91/30. I am realizing that I have quite a bit to learn about this wonderful piece of history. I can't wait to get it checked out and to the range.
jtkrpm

Post by jtkrpm »

Just picked up a M44 C.A.I import. Pretty good shape I guess for something from 1946
uketanzon

Post by uketanzon »

Hi, New to the forum. I just acquired 1953 Hungarian produced variant of the Mosin Nagant m44.
enjoy reading about the history of the weapon. Nice to won one now.
RicCollectingMosin

Post by RicCollectingMosin »

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and really happy to be here, having the possibility to talk about Mosin Nagant rifles and show you my collection! My name is Riccardo and I have been collecting Mosin Nagant rifles, carbines and related accessories for more than fifteen years and i am also the owner of a website dedicated to Mosin Nagant rifles. I am really looking forward to talking with you about our Mosin Nagant! Thank you! :thumbsup: