New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
finnedmosin

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by finnedmosin »

nope the reciever is not marked
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

i haven't taken a look under the tang yet. But i cant really see any marks on top of the reciever.
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

here is also a pic of the magazine serial number
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

The Finns made rifles out of parts. You may find any maker anything with an any maker anything else. Things like the Finn match barrel and bolt and certain Finnish depot marks change the story over Remington vs, Tula vs. Izhevsk, etc.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

the reciever is a low wall reciever
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

millman wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:53 pm The Finns made rifles out of parts. You may find any maker anything with an any maker anything else. Things like the Finn match barrel and bolt and certain Finnish depot marks change the story over Remington vs, Tula vs. Izhevsk, etc.
So i guess with this the rifle the finns left alot of stuff matched but updated some things
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

it came with the cleaning rod still in the stock and bayonet the bayonet does not match and the bayonet is a remington with the serial number being 527105
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I think they said if it ain't broke, don't fix it. IDK.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

lol it fits on nice
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

the bore is a little bit pitted but the rifling is sharp
wickmac

Post by wickmac »

wickmac wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 am Ein freundliches Hallo... Mir ist gerade aufgefallen, das ich mich noch garnicht richtig vorgestellt habe. Habe mich hier am 1.Mai angemeldet und bin komplett Neueinsteiger... Schießen tue ich erst seit ca. einem Jahr. Gekauft (aber noch nicht in meinem Besitzt) habe ich eine 91/30 Sniper und eine Makarov. Ich bin zufällig auf dieses Forum gestoßen und begeistert von der vielen Information, die ich hier bekommen kann. teilweise habe ich schon ein paar Bilder gepostet. Bessere kommen noch, sobald ich meine Erlaubnis der Behörde bekomme.
Gruß Andreas (wickmac)

A friendly hello... I just noticed that I haven't really introduced myself yet. I signed up here on May 1st and am a complete newcomer... I've only been shooting for about a year. Bought (but not yet in my possession) I bought a 91/30 Sniper and a Makarov. I came across this forum by chance and was thrilled by all the information I can get here. I have already posted a few pictures. Better ones will come as soon as I get my permission from the authorities. Greetings Andreas (wickmac)
A big hello to the round. I write in english from now on. It was my mistake and I was pointed out to me that I write in German. :pointup:
Best regards wickmac
finnedmosin

Post by finnedmosin »

lol welcome bud
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Welcome to all the new members!

We love questions and we love (even more) photos!

Darryl
papascho

Post by papascho »

Mornin' all. I recently went back to my mil-surp roots, back to my first love, the Marvelous Mosin ! I will be sharing my budding collection in future posts and really look forward to learning more about these wonderful pieces of history.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

papascho wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:28 am Mornin' all. I recently went back to my mil-surp roots, back to my first love, the Marvelous Mosin ! I will be sharing my budding collection in future posts and really look forward to learning more about these wonderful pieces of history.
Welcome aboard.

C. S. Lewis
TheManUpstairs77

Post by TheManUpstairs77 »

What's going on guys. Just picked up my first Mosin, friend had one, I have some Carcanos and some other stuff so I decided to grab the one I am going to post photos of today. It is an odd one. Thanks.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

TheManUpstairs77 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:58 pm What's going on guys. Just picked up my first Mosin, friend had one, I have some Carcanos and some other stuff so I decided to grab the one I am going to post photos of today. It is an odd one. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum
Mattia7499

Post by Mattia7499 »

Hi to everyone,
I'm 24 years old and i'm italian. I mostly collect german military photos from 1930 to 1947. But recently i got my italian permit to buy guns and I started my gun collection with the most beautiful gun ever, a mosin nagant. :wave.gif:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Mattia7499 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:32 pm Hi to everyone,
I'm 24 years old and i'm italian. I mostly collect german military photos from 1930 to 1947. But recently i got my italian permit to buy guns and I started my gun collection with the most beautiful gun ever, a mosin nagant. :wave.gif:
Welcome aboard.

C. S. Lewis
edaggett

Post by edaggett »

Hello All,

Joined after watching a bunch of RockIsland1913 videos on youtube and saw his RMNF hats in the background. I've been slowly acquiring mosin nagants for the past 12 years or so. Started with a $99 1942 izhevsk from Big Five and now I mainly acquire 19th century M91s and SCW specimens. I just love the history of them all, as I'm sure you can all relate.

Glad to be here.

Ben