Gun display case, need pictures

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Burgman50

Gun display case, need pictures

Post by Burgman50 »

[img][IMG]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6725/imagezovn.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
I picked up an old gun case and "refurbed" it. Now it's a display case. I made new slots for the buts so they would be at a 45 degree angle thus allowing more of the gun to be seen. From left, 1942 Izhevsk 91/30, 1944 Izhevsk M44, 1954.5 type 53, 1976 m58/66 Yugo, top pistol 1953 Romanian TTC, and an 1944 Tula 1895 Nagant. Here is where the need for pictures comes in. I am putting together a little information sheet on each weapon and really want to include real life combat pictures. I have found some but nothing I really like. If you have any pics of these weapons in action in their former military life I would appreciate it!! Oh, the TTC will probably be an exception. Thanks!
Big Mo (1942 91/30 Izhevsk )
Crazy Ivan (1944 M44 Izhevsk )
(1954.5 Type 53)
(1944 Tula 1895 Nagant)
(1953 Romanian TTC)
(1976 M59/66A1)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Gun display case, need pictures

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice job on the case, check the historic photos forum here on the board for old Mosin pics.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Aircooled

Post by Aircooled »

Nice job on the display case. Nothing beats woodworking. Nice guns, too. :)
Steve The Pirate

Post by Steve The Pirate »

very cool. nice job.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That is a nice display. What are you gonna do when the hoard is reaching 50+ rifles or so? That is coming BTW.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Celt

Post by Celt »

Nice!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Burgman50

Post by Burgman50 »

millman wrote:That is a nice display. What are you gonna do when the hoard is reaching 50+ rifles or so? That is coming BTW.
I'm gonna do 2 things. Build more and get a divorce!
(1954.5 Type 53)
(1944 Tula 1895 Nagant)
(1953 Romanian TTC)
(1976 M59/66A1)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

You might rethink the big D. That will result in your not needing that extra space for rifles. I am the voice of experience here. I didn't lose the rifles, but suddenly I had lots of space for them. Not the best trade-off frankly.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Great looking case and guns :vcool: :vcool:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Nice case.
Silk#2

Post by Silk#2 »

Great job!!! Gives me some ideas!!! And if I may be so bold as to suggest adding the star?????

The 8
Burgman50

Post by Burgman50 »

Star would great on that background!
(1954.5 Type 53)
(1944 Tula 1895 Nagant)
(1953 Romanian TTC)
(1976 M59/66A1)
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

:vcool: +1 on the star idea
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
bertzlee

Post by bertzlee »

Oh that was an amazing guns display case, its surprising to see that kinds of guns,
pretty interested to display of my some collection, but i don't get a photos of those items,