My scope mount.

websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

My scope mount.

Post by websterz »

As promised here is the info.

This mount uses tension on a steel band to hold the mounting block against the receiver. The mount is totally drill/tap free. The steel band passes between receiver and stock, and sits tight against the recoil lug to keep everything solid. Over 100 rounds and counting and the mount is solid as a rock. The close-ups make it look rusty and it is...homebrew rust bluing job. Please feel free to ask any questions, I will do my best to answer them all. Up front, no, these are not for sale. I have over a week invested getting everything just right. This is a custom fit mount and I could not duplicate it for a price that anyone would pay. Sorry about that. :b sad:

BTW, that flash really brings out the dust huh?! :big shock:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
desdem12

Re: My scope mount.

Post by desdem12 »

Nice, does it hold zero good?
8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

desdem12 wrote:Nice, does it hold zero good?
8-) 8-)
Oh yeah! :mrgreen:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So, in other words you are asking $25 and can have them ready to ship in a week? :lol: Not a bad idea, there was something like this made for the No1 MKIII Enfield years ago, or at least I recall it using a band around the receiver to hold part of it in place. I took it off one of the rifles I got years ago, but have no idea what I did with it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Thanks for the post websterz. I think I can come up with something like that. What did you use for the band?
8-) 8-) 8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

millman wrote:Thanks for the post websterz. I think I can come up with something like that. What did you use for the band?
8-) 8-) 8-)
I used a piece of steel banding material I salvaged from the lumber yard. It is as handy as duct tape for a machinist!! :biggrin: Lemme' know if I can be of further help.

Todd

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Thanks Todd.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I can see a big market for that. Very big. 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I like the sketch :biggrin: Actually I like the whole deal
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I saw this one and thought, "Damn, it's nice but it will cost morethan the rifle it goes on!" http://www.jmeckscopemounts.com/Home_Page.php
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thats awesome! Your lucky you have the skills to make them yourself. I'll probably end up having to buy one of the jmeck mounts

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

websterz wrote: I used a piece of steel banding material I salvaged from the lumber yard. It is as handy as duct tape for a machinist!! :biggrin: Lemme' know if I can be of further help.Todd
Excellent. I'll take 10. and need them before Christmas! :big shock:
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

bunkysdad wrote:
websterz wrote: I used a piece of steel banding material I salvaged from the lumber yard. It is as handy as duct tape for a machinist!! :biggrin: Lemme' know if I can be of further help.Todd
Excellent. I'll take 10. and need them before Christmas! :big shock:
You mean they haven't arrived yet??!! Damn Elves union!!! :biggrin:

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is kick butt!!

Looking at the price of the after market mount, a scope, a bent bolt, a spare stock and a decent rifle I would be well over half way to a R-guns sniper. I am, however, going to get one of the Darrells mounts for my M-38 when he gets them in again unless one of you talk me out of it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum