SNOW!!!!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: SNOW!!!!

Post by zeebill »

We are supposed to have some today and later in the week and then single digit temperatures. Wonderful! Have I told anyone how much I hate Winter lately? Old PA Phil said early spring and the little rodent had better be right or I will be looking for groundhog stew recipes! Our local one here said more Winter and me and a couple of buddies are going to kidnap him and send him to Siberia so that will keep him happy! I am tired of sitting here on the computer over the heat duct even if it does feel good. Bill :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

4" so far and still it falls, so much for the "occasional snow showers" we were supposed to have. Weathermen get their diplomas out of cracker jack box's.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

10:38 PM and thus far just a dusting and 33 degrees but now the dang weather guy is saying they may have to up the amount (1to3) we are supposed to get. Have I told you in the last 10 minutes how much I hate Winter? :x Bill
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Bill, they've already closed school in several counties for tomorrow so they must know something we don't. Raining and changing to snow here now.... Dang it, I was looking forward to visiting you for a few hours sometime this coming week. Still owe you that Mexican dinner yet.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We are having the weirdest snow storm I have ever seen. The flakes are slowing falling and they are the size of silver dollars. We will get 1 to 2 inches and Cincinnati is closed.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We have at least 4-5" on the ground between yesterday and last night. Later I will have to fire up the snowplow.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

School closed and snowing steady and light with 2 inches on the ground and 25 degrees. Cancelled my rehab appointment 25 miles north. Not worth getting out on the roads around here. Plow came down the road about 10:30 last night for what I don't know as we only had a dusting and my concrete was uncovered and only wet? Guess they wanted the overtime pay? Yuk! Come on spring! Bill :?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You can do your rehab at home Bill, get that snow shovel and get out to work clearing that walkway and drive.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

-8 this am. I have shoveled far more than any other year of my life anywhere I have ever lived and a lot of it was in the further north northeast! Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Shoveling is what the local kids are for Bill, you give them C note and they move snow for you. -9, or -10 last night, I had to go out so I was wearing all my coats at once, both sets of gloves, four pairs of socks, and even my flannel pajamas along with my heavy insulators. Still I felt the chill.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Shoveling is what the local kids are for Bill, you give them C note and they move snow for you. -9, or -10 last night, I had to go out so I was wearing all my coats at once, both sets of gloves, four pairs of socks, and even my flannel pajamas along with my heavy insulators. Still I felt the chill.
Yea, I know about the cold, Jim. I had to wear a sweatshirt to wash the truck this morning...
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sweatshirt? If I had one I would be wearing that along with all the rest.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Jim
I haven't known a kid in 20 years that would go out and lower themselves to working shoveling snow for money. If you live somewhere they still do that you must be in another country. The nearest house to mine is a couple of hundred yards and I have a gravel drive that is almost vertical down the bottom. No human being I know could shovel that thing and no kid that would shovel will move for less than $20 these days. You are living in the dark ages or something? No wonder you dislike travel and stay at home so much. :lol: Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I said a C note Bill, Benjamin, hundred bucks, for a hundred bucks I bet you could find at least one kid with a shovel. Or offer milsurps, for milsurps you could get board members to come down and shovel that drive for you. Some of these guys would do a hit for a nice M39, never mind shovel a driveway even if it was 300 feet long straight up both ways. Not me, I already have enough guns and a sufficient amount of money to live on, if I am on the move you can bet Godzilla is right outside or I see a mushroom cloud in the distance and the wind is blowing my way.

News said it was -13 Saturday night, colder than I thought, last night it was only -6, heat wave, I managed ten layers for the trip to the shop this morning, and still I am feeling the chill. I hate this arctic Siberia shit, if I wanted this I could move there, it doesn't need to come here. The waste oil burner in the shop has been running over 48 straight hours non stop, it's still running now even with me lighting off the wood stove the moment I got here at 5:45am
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Southwest has flights daily.
Capture weather alert.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

:biggrin: Snow and cold? Humph it's 74 and sunny here. I didn't even know it was winter. What the hell is a snow shovel?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BuckeyeSgt wrote::biggrin: Snow and cold? Humph it's 74 and sunny here. I didn't even know it was winter. What the hell is a snow shovel?
Grabbed off the street, stuffed into the back of a van and 18 hours or so later dumped on the snowy streets of north anywhere still wearing shorts, T shirt, and sandals. It can happen :very mad: :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
BuckeyeSgt wrote::biggrin: Snow and cold? Humph it's 74 and sunny here. I didn't even know it was winter. What the hell is a snow shovel?
Grabbed off the street, stuffed into the back of a van and 18 hours or so later dumped on the snowy streets of north anywhere still wearing shorts, T shirt, and sandals. It can happen :very mad: :twisted:
You'd have to get bundled up and get out of that shit storm first. :D but I'm sure you'd hire someone so then they have to get past the lead storm. And I never wear sandals or shorts. :mrgreen:

Damn a cold front came in. 66 and clear now. :chuckles:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The shorts and sandal's can be provided to you, or the footwear and pants can be dispensed with altogether when Hugo, Victor, and Sanchez toss you out of the van and into the snowbank.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

It snowed here last night about 3 inches. It is cold. That is it, snow and cold.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!