M44 & M91/30 package deal both for $219

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Ironnewt

Re: M44 & M91/30 package deal both for $219

Post by Ironnewt »

At least you know where yours are. I ordered a Steyr M1895 Carbine from J&G on the first day I saw their ad for "Black Friday" (November 23rd as I recall) They finally shipped it on December 1st and delivery isn't until December 7th!. To their credit they didn't charge my account until they shipped it, but it's going Fed-Ex ground which I find slower than UPS. I realize they got slammed but I'm a bit ticked. I may have to re-think further business with them. I have dealt with them in the past but not with results like this.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Ironnewt wrote:At least you know where yours are. I ordered a Steyr M1895 Carbine from J&G on the first day I saw their ad for "Black Friday" (November 23rd as I recall) They finally shipped it on December 1st and delivery isn't until December 7th!. To their credit they didn't charge my account until they shipped it, but it's going Fed-Ex ground which I find slower than UPS. I realize they got slammed but I'm a bit ticked. I may have to re-think further business with them. I have dealt with them in the past but not with results like this.
The Black Friday sale backed up everyone. Bryan at AIM Surplus told me they were going to be backed up more than a week processing orders and they do roughly 600 a day with no backup. Luckily he got mine through right away and it shipped the next day. I can't imagine how long it would have taken to get my stuff if it shipped later in the week.

You're right I do know where my stuff is. It's still at he FFL. I went and got my ID straightened out. The hold on my license has been lifted but now the DMV here wants a letter from California stating this. She looked it up on the computer here in Louisiana and the hold is gone but she told me she needs confirmation from them and an old expired drivers license to see what class license I have. Crap!! Good thing I save things. So I had to pay the $18 renewal fee to have my ID updated and I'll have to pay the $21 fee for the license in a few weeks.

I get to the FFL and they take my nice new ID back to continue the paper work. Then he comes back and says ok now the hardest part is done. So I think "Ok where's my rifles?" Than he says "You can come back on the 8th to pick them up." WTF!!!! Why the 8th? He said because the process was started and not completed a hold was placed on completing the back ground check until the 8th so I could get the ID straightened. He said they may call at anytime until the 8th to say it's completed and I can come pick them up then. Yeah right that and another 60 mile round trip! They didn't call me when the guns came so I don't expect them to call when they get the ok on this. I'm so tired of bureaucracy. Everytime I've gone to the DMV they want another paper I don't have with me. I carry a folder filled with stuff now from previous trips there as it is and they figure out a way to ask for something else I don't have with me. Then this crap with the transfers. More BS that's being done in the name of public saftey. It's BS plain and simple. This makes no one safer and is only done to assert authority over us and discourage people from firearm ownership. It's only going to get worse unless we stand up to it. That's my rant for today. Thank you all for coming. :)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

:clap:

Unfortunately, the truth is, you're a great guy and you're doing everything right and for all the right reasons. Unfortunately, there's 5 or 6 gang-bangers standing right behind you with enough firepower back at their crib to make any law enforcement officer cringe.

The good news is, you will have them soon!

Hang in there...and yeah, keep paying that $3 plus per gallon gas. It's worth it :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

And now Weldon...WE ask the question again about the C&R license and say is it worth the trouble or the possability of a visit????? I for one would say ...
YESYESYES And you would be celebrating the savings of gas and of transfer fees and had enough to pay for the license and get some ammo too. Waiting sucks don't it? I am waiting to see them almost as much as you are. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:And now Weldon...WE ask the question again about the C&R license and say is it worth the trouble or the possability of a visit????? I for one would say ...
YESYESYES And you would be celebrating the savings of gas and of transfer fees and had enough to pay for the license and get some ammo too. Waiting sucks don't it? I am waiting to see them almost as much as you are. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
I KNEW IT!!! I knew someone would say this. :P Yes it does make it more attractive to have one. The fact is the goverment can still be up my backside but in a worse way if I had one though. Regardless I probably will get one eventually if for no other reasons because I don't like the running around. One thing to mention is I have been hesitant to get one also because I'd be clicking that buy button more than I should, I know it. If you saw the SKS thread I posted you know what I mean. I've already done it with ammo.
It's cost me an extra $58 dollars in the end and some aggravation. I didn't cost me any gas because I hitched a ride with my mother who was going by there anyway. This was brought on by me not having my ID up to date which I was in the process of straightening out anyway. I just couldn't pass up these rifles for the price. Aggravation aside this won't happen again trust me.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

WeldonHunter wrote:I KNEW IT!!! I knew someone would say this
WE can't let you get off scott free now can we?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :twisted:
P.S. No I.D.Required
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:I KNEW IT!!! I knew someone would say this
WE can't let you get off scott free now can we?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :twisted:
P.S. No I.D.Required

Why I otta...One of these days Alice.... straight to the moon!!!

You know the other thing I'm pissed about is the fact that we even have to get a C&R. It's BS like we're a bunch of children. I know most of the guys on this forum are way more responsible than the politicians who instituted these laws.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

WeldonHunter wrote:You know the other thing I'm pissed about is the fact that we even have to get a C&R.
I know what you meen. The other day i bought a shotgun and they had to call it in and i was wondering why you would need to if i already have a C&R?
It seems really silly to me but i don't make the rules. :vconfused: :vconfused:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:You know the other thing I'm pissed about is the fact that we even have to get a C&R.
I know what you meen. The other day i bought a shotgun and they had to call it in and i was wondering why you would need to if i already have a C&R?
It seems really silly to me but i don't make the rules. :vconfused: :vconfused:
Actually you do make the rules in a round about way with your vote. We can't give up on this country and say it doesn't matter. We have to do everything in our power to get people back in to office that care about us and are willing to restore our rights. I'm not trying to get on a polictical bandwagon but enough is enough. Most gun laws including these are only observered by law abiding citizens. Trust me criminals laugh at this stuff.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I definately vote and make the boy do it also. I am a member of certain organizations also that forwrd the ownership of guns and the 2nd amendment. :toast: :toast:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey there is another solution! I can't believe I am gonna be the first one to say it here on this historical( I mean histerical) post. No dealer required. No Fees. No curio or relic or nothing. Oh wait you will need a valid driver license. Just buy antique Mosins, Mausers, Swedes, and throw in lots of black powder firearms. if it was made in 1898, or earlier they can ship it to your door. So maybe a Swedish m1896 or Springfield M1898 Krag Jorgensen!

PS~~ Remington rolling block, French Lebel, Martini Enfield, Colt Dragoon, trap doors, double shotguns, Kentucky rifles, well I love em all so I could go on all night! :P
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Here in KY if you have a CCW they don't even call in. They just write your CCW license # down on the form in lieu of an ok by the NICS.
What I like is the fact that one of my local places also sells "picnic supplies". I got a 6 pack of Becks with my last MN.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

6 pack o mosins and a 6 pack o becks and you are set for a picnic. :beek:
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

It's going to take at least a 12 pack of Beck's to get all that cosmoline off!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I was just thinking of the bags under Weldonhunters eyes after about 3 days of cleaning all that firepower. Many pots of coffee, a few pizzas delivered, 50 bathroom breaks, no time for sleep. Oh the baggy eyes are getting heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy,........... :lol:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:I was just thinking of the bags under Weldonhunters eyes after about 3 days of cleaning all that firepower. Many pots of coffee, a few pizzas delivered, 50 bathroom breaks, no time for sleep. Oh the baggy eyes are getting heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy,........... :lol:
I'm only quoting the last post but you guys are a riot. Pizzas and coffee, beers and Mosins. I'm laughing my arse off. Don't you all know beers and Mosins don't mix, you'll shot your eye out. :P

Yeah I've given some thought to the cleaning process and I may leave the doubles in grease for a while. After all I am getting 2 of each of them. That probably won't last long though. As soon as I get three done I'd be pulling the others out. I already had two more gun racks I bought earlier this year still in the boxes and there's 8 slots that need to be filled. That means I have to buy two more rifles BD. Oh Crap it's going to start all over again. Some of the suggestions you made before are already on the radar screen.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

You could put Enfields in those empty slots.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

millman wrote:You could put Enfields in those empty slots.
Heh, trust me everything's on the table. I'm already looking into some new racks and I have a few empty ammo cans that are just crying out for some ammo I don't have for guns I don't have. I'm a sick puppy for sure. I haven't even put the racks together that these are going on and I'm talking about getting more.

Oh and I have an update. I just called them and I'm good to go. I pick them up tomorrow.
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

MN Fan wrote::clap:

Unfortunately, the truth is, you're a great guy and you're doing everything right and for all the right reasons. Unfortunately, there's 5 or 6 gang-bangers standing right behind you with enough firepower back at their crib to make any law enforcement officer cringe.

The good news is, you will have them soon!

Hang in there...and yeah, keep paying that $3 plus per gallon gas. It's worth it :)
Thanks MN Fan I appreciate that. Most of the people on this forum are great guys and girls. We do have the ladies on here too. The point you make about the gangbangers is so true and the FFL laws mean nothing to them. We're the ones who observe them not them. Remember I lived in Balitmore City, Maryland and even worse Oakland, California. I'll bet the bullet holes next to my tool box weren't from an gun purchased through an FFL.
firefighter5765

Post by firefighter5765 »

3 words..."FAST AND FURIOUS"!