New Ex Sniper please comment

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
KenManiac

Re: New Ex Sniper please comment

Post by KenManiac »

I think I have some Romanian, head stamped 22 on top and 80 on the bottom. It has a more consistent color than the Russian or Bulgarian I have been getting lately. It came in the usual string wrapped brown paper. It goes bang every time.

The Bulgarian I've been shooting lately splits a lot of necks. Causes flyers something fierce!
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

:D Welcome to Mosinitis-Forum! :D
Got yourself a shooter and a looker, does not always happen.
The shooting right thing is an adjustment deal, very easy and you find all info for it here, Check out Elby our advertiser in the top of the page, if you want to dial it in the right accurate way.

Other than that, it may have been or was intended to be a sniper, but it is not NOW. So it should stay this way while you are having fun with shooting with a piece of history. It deserves respect and your responsible use. :D :D
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

Albanian Ammo......
:D Been in Albania, met a lot of people, visited Skopje, the Capital.
After 5 days the ferry took me back to Bari, Italy. When I stepped onto Italian Ground, I lit up and forgot those 5 days. :D

I would really like to have an Albanian SKS, Parade Grade, but I would never shoot it with ammo supplied, to be polite.
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The place was that bad?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

When the EX-wife visited there many long years ago they warned her not to trade of sell any blue jeans there because back then they were worth about $500 a pair on the black market. Bill :)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I give you my pants, you give me AK47.....hmmmmm....I would have to wear ten-fifteen pairs of pants.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I give you my pants, you give me AK47.....hmmmmm
I told you pants were overrated. My pants or an AK? No brainer. I'll be swinging in the breeze with an AK in hand.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

:big shock: :shock: :lol:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D