New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
butcharoot

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by butcharoot »

Hi, I'm Butch. It's my sons fault I like old military firearms. I've had a 91/30 for awhile and I just purchased a M91 this past weekend. Looking to learning a lot Butch
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Oh Butch.... Throw them back before it is too late. The best think I can teach you about them is that the are addictive.

Welcome!

Formalities over with, how 'bout some pictures?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Bowfisg62

Post by Bowfisg62 »

Just wondering about the 91/38. How rare is it. I just found one. Didn't even know about them. Larry
Bowfisg62

Post by Bowfisg62 »

Bowfisg62 Always wanted to collect military. Out of reach for me until I discovered Mosins. I have several Rd rec. 91/30's and a mod 38. I think I'm about to but a 91/38. Guy is coming from out of state to visit my city and he's gonna bring the rifle along. We've already discussed price. It is matching except the butt plate is missing. I hate that,but that may make it more affordable. I'd love to pick someone's brain about this model.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

As already said welcome to the forums and the madness, too late to prevent the addiction. So start posting pictures of your goodies in the appropriate sections, oh and we love pictures, lots of pictures.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
44special

Post by 44special »

Hello everyone, Bill here from Colorado. Been lurking for awhile now and have jumped on board! Have an M38 and a 91/30 in a laminated stock for my Mosin collection so far. Working on a cast bullet load for the M38 to plink with as it is set up as a scout rifle. read alot of good stuff and look forward to reading more as a member of the forum.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

44special wrote:Hello everyone, Bill here from Colorado. Been lurking for awhile now and have jumped on board! Have an M38 and a 91/30 in a laminated stock for my Mosin collection so far. Working on a cast bullet load for the M38 to plink with as it is set up as a scout rifle. read alot of good stuff and look forward to reading more as a member of the forum.
Welcome to the madness or is it the addiction! Either way you are among like minded people, we have some pretty knowledgeable people here. Post pictures of your rifles, we love pictures, lots of pictures. So jump right in and get your feet wet, again welcome.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Soldierofgonzo

First post!

Post by Soldierofgonzo »

Hey all! I only recently started looking into buying a mosin and so I still have a lot of questions. The only thing I know for sure is once I started reading about the history behind these beautiful weapons I had to have one. Now I am just waiting on my tax return to get started. I ran into a guy at walmart who said to check out this forum for tips and advice so here I am ready to learn! Once I figure out my budget I will be back with whatever questions I have but until then I will probably just lurk around checking out other people's collections. Hopefully the "addiction" isn't as bad as people make it seem but I will shortly find out!
B24

Re: First post!

Post by B24 »

Soldierofgonzo wrote:Hey all! I only recently started looking into buying a mosin and so I still have a lot of questions. The only thing I know for sure is once I started reading about the history behind these beautiful weapons I had to have one. Now I am just waiting on my tax return to get started. I ran into a guy at walmart who said to check out this forum for tips and advice so here I am ready to learn! Once I figure out my budget I will be back with whatever questions I have but until then I will probably just lurk around checking out other people's collections. Hopefully the "addiction" isn't as bad as people make it seem but I will shortly find out!
Don't do it, turn around, go back while you still can!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Soldierofgonzo wrote:Hey all! I only recently started looking into buying a mosin and so I still have a lot of questions. The only thing I know for sure is once I started reading about the history behind these beautiful weapons I had to have one. Now I am just waiting on my tax return to get started. I ran into a guy at walmart who said to check out this forum for tips and advice so here I am ready to learn! Once I figure out my budget I will be back with whatever questions I have but until then I will probably just lurk around checking out other people's collections. Hopefully the "addiction" isn't as bad as people make it seem but I will shortly find out!
Run or be prepared for the Ramen Noodle diet. Welcome to the maddness/addiction, lots of knowledgeable people on this forum, so don't be afraid to ask any question.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Glad you found us! I'm assuming you're the one I spoke with the other day... I enjoyed our chat.

Check out these links :pointdown:

INFORMATION PAGES
A load of information is contained here

Mosin Nagant Showcase
The Showcase is a presentation section of unique, rare & uncommon Mosins from member collections.

Take it all in, lurk, enjoy & by all means ask questions!

And if your in wallyworld swing by Sporting Goods & say Hi. :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
P_mo80

Post by P_mo80 »

Hey everyone, name is Pete and I'm an absolute newb and realizing that I may have gotten myself into a pretty awesome addiction! Have been reading any mosin books I can get a hold of for a few months. Really love'n it!
P_mo80

First post of a NEWB

Post by P_mo80 »

Hey guys, name is Pete, new to collecting firearms, at least antique and C&R ones, have been reading as much as I can get my hands regarding The Mosin. Absolutely love'n it.
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

If you can discipline yourself to only buying two a year, you are doing good.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Bowfisg62 wrote:Bowfisg62 Always wanted to collect military. Out of reach for me until I discovered Mosins. I have several Rd rec. 91/30's and a mod 38. I think I'm about to but a 91/38. Guy is coming from out of state to visit my city and he's gonna bring the rifle along. We've already discussed price. It is matching except the butt plate is missing. I hate that,but that may make it more affordable. I'd love to pick someone's brain about this model.
How did that go? the only 91/38's I've ever seen were pictures.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Bowfisg62

Post by Bowfisg62 »

Fairly new Mosin collector. Just bought # 4. Got 2 91/30's a 38. And my new baby a 91/38. BITTEN!!!
Mikaelni

Post by Mikaelni »

Hello I am Mikael from Finland , I hawe A M27/66 rifle.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Mikaelni wrote:Hello I am Mikael from Finland , I hawe A M27/66 rifle.
Welcome to the board, interesting rifle, you should start a thread on that one with some pictures, they are not often seen here. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
reemer

Post by reemer »

Hello folks. Getting the winter seasonal blues and decided to research a 1934 Finn matched M28/30 that I have had hanging on the wall for a couple decades. Found this forum interesting and look forward to visiting.
subvet303

Post by subvet303 »

Hello folks,
First timer here. Started collecting Finn Mosin Nagants about six years ago. Find them fascinating. Glad to be onboard.