New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bigfreeze44

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by bigfreeze44 »

Hey there new guy here. I have be collecting mosins for a while now albeit slowly. Yesterday I finally reached one of my milestones and picked up a Finnish p-26 for the amazing price of 250 bucks. I will post more about in the collectable section soon. Needless to say I am pumped beyond belief. :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bigfreeze44 wrote:Hey there new guy here. I have be collecting mosins for a while now albeit slowly. Yesterday I finally reached one of my milestones and picked up a Finnish p-26 for the amazing price of 250 bucks. I will post more about in the collectable section soon. Needless to say I am pumped beyond belief. :D
See, there is still stuff out there are a reasonable cost if you take the time to look for it and have the patience to wait until the right one comes along. Welcome to the board, why don't you open a thread on the Mosin forum and show that new rifle off.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
vonriedesel

Post by vonriedesel »

Hello everyone! Taking my first steps into the Mosin-Nagant world, so I'm sure this board will be a great resource when I need any questions answered.
ExAF-FireDawg

Post by ExAF-FireDawg »

New member here! Thanks for the add.

My Mosin was purchased in 2010 from a Military Surplus Store up my way.
It's a 1943 Izhevsk Russian M91/30, I know the scope doesn't belong, but I wanted to add it. All original parts are saved and easily able to be placed back on the rifle. Thanks again for the add and hope to learn some more about the history of the Mosin Nagant!
mosin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eggman1954

Post by Eggman1954 »

Hello all. I have just received my first "Old Gun". Very new to this and not to sure where to start. My Nagant has many markings on it including a date of 1927. Is there somewhere I can learn more about my rifle by the serial number? I have found a bunch of charts but being a newbie not sure where to start. Thanks.....Ray
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Eggman1954 wrote:Hello all. I have just received my first "Old Gun". Very new to this and not to sure where to start. My Nagant has many markings on it including a date of 1927. Is there somewhere I can learn more about my rifle by the serial number? I have found a bunch of charts but being a newbie not sure where to start. Thanks.....Ray
Post some pics on the main forum. We will be able to tell you what you have.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Steyrtac

Post by Steyrtac »

New guy
I'm not the greatest poster on the forums I frequent, but I like to read! As many, I came here with more questions than answers...
I own 5 Mosins and many other firearms, my interests are all over the place, milsurps, precision, handguns, shotguns... Modern or not I like the all!

Best regards,

Eric
Steyrtac

Post by Steyrtac »

Thank you spongemonkey!

I just got myself 3 PU's and will need members imput to choose one that will be cleaned and used as a shooting unit. the two more interesting will be left as is...

All are reworks however...
Steyrtac

Post by Steyrtac »

I have a post in the sniper forum in the making. Please have a look when approved!
Regards,
Eric
Steyrtac

Post by Steyrtac »

Here are a little picture!

StagrhandShooter

Post by StagrhandShooter »

Hello. First post. Really wished I could post in the preservation section. I have a Sako M39 with a sizeable hole in the bottom of the stock by the forward barrel band. I fear that I will need to repair it so that I can shoot it. It's a shame because the barreled action looks surprisingly wonderful in comparison. I will gladly post pictures if people want to chime in. It's my first mil surplus.
umlahmj

Post by umlahmj »

Hi, i just got my first Mosin today (1943 Tula P/U) and i would love some help identifying all the markings on it.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

StagrhandShooter wrote:Hello. First post. Really wished I could post in the preservation section. I have a Sako M39 with a sizeable hole in the bottom of the stock by the forward barrel band. I fear that I will need to repair it so that I can shoot it. It's a shame because the barreled action looks surprisingly wonderful in comparison. I will gladly post pictures if people want to chime in. It's my first mil surplus.
No problem to post your M39 in the main Mosin forum. We might be able to help you get it to shooting condition.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
grampajack

Post by grampajack »

Hello all. :D
chuck 117

Post by chuck 117 »

hi all new to the group and new to mosin`s . i bought my 1st one a few months ago . i think i got lucky ? its a 1926 witch i believe is a converted dragoon ?how do tell if its type one or type 2 ? and i got it a cabelas for $220. i think was pretty good deal? this is my 1st post hope fully many more to come and ill get some pics of it after work.
CaptMike

Post by CaptMike »

Hi everyone, new to the group but I have had Mosins for a while, a 1931 hex receiver 91-30, a 1943 round receiver, a 1944 M44, and my latest a 1941 M39 has just joined the family. The first 3 are all numbers matching and the last one is a mutt. Fun to shoot and people at the range stare when the bayonets make there appearance.
Darkgiulius

Post by Darkgiulius »

Hello all,

I'm Julien,I'm twenty three years old. I'm from France. I have one Mosin 91/30 sniper.
I come in this forum because I have a problem with my PU scope for my 1947 mosin. Many lenses are broken.
I hope I will find the answers to my questions.

Best regards,

Julien.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Darkgiulius wrote:Hello all,

I'm Julien,I'm twenty three years old. I'm from France. I have one Mosin 91/30 sniper.
I come in this forum because I have a problem with my PU scope for my 1947 mosin. Many lenses are broken.
I hope I will find the answers to my questions.

Best regards,

Julien.
Welcome...go to the list of sub forums and post your questions in the sniper section. We have many members that can assist you.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Jchiles

Post by Jchiles »

Hi thanks for letting me in the group. I just recently got the mosin bug but the fever hits hardest when I find a carbine version. Currently trying to un-bubba a nice m38 pawnshop find.
jaed2017

Post by jaed2017 »

Hello folks,

My name is Jeff, and I am a big history buff. I was looking over the information in this forum and liked what I had seen. I do not own one as of yet but have been looking at getting a Mosin for sometime now. I hope to see and learn what everyone is doing with what they have and get an idea what to look for ( and look out for) when I make that purchase.

Thank
Jeff