Prices going up?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
notabiker

Re: Prices going up?

Post by notabiker »

being that i am to lazy to get a C&R. i have been buying retail all along. big 5 used to have a sale about every month and had 91-30s for $ 109. all my gun shop and pawn shop mosins cost me at least $ 250 and up. i did find some nice mosins at big 5 though for 109. my last purchase was a very nice cond 1944 M-44 from a small mom & pop gun store . paid 350. not complaining.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

What kind of bore guage did you make? .306 doesn't sound right to me. How can you get a proper reading of the bore size in the grooves without doing a bore slug with soft lead?
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Nevermind tcmosin, I just found your thread on your bore guage.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

notabiker wrote:being that i am to lazy to get a C&R. i have been buying retail all along. big 5 used to have a sale about every month and had 91-30s for $ 109. all my gun shop and pawn shop mosins cost me at least $ 250 and up. i did find some nice mosins at big 5 though for 109. my last purchase was a very nice cond 1944 M-44 from a small mom & pop gun store . paid 350. not complaining.
If it makes you happy who cares what it cost:)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Me being as cheap as I am! Bill :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zeebill wrote:Me being as cheap as I am! Bill :lol:
Ah, so that's were Jack Benny went, I knew rumors of your death were unfounded :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Life is good, my C&R FFL3 arrived Tuesday 23-APR;
so that will help out on reducing some of the $$$.
38 days from mailing the application in to receiving
the license...
notabiker

Post by notabiker »

if i had a C&R lic i would get into real trouble. no will power. my first purchase would be a classic mosin PU sniper. i just must have one.i am sure somebody here has a extra to sell but i just bought a M-44 and a 1934 hex tula in the last month . NO FUNDS. :vsad: :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

notabiker wrote:if i had a C&R lic i would get into real trouble. no will power. my first purchase would be a classic mosin PU sniper. i just must have one.i am sure somebody here has a extra to sell but i just bought a M-44 and a 1934 hex tula in the last month . NO FUNDS. :vsad: :lol:
91/30's are still too cheap to be appreciated for what they are.
I will buy in bulk if they can supply the years of manufacture for HEX's both Tula and Issy's that I desire.
To much of a good thing, as they won't be available forever.
I'll pass on the sniper's just good old relics.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nofundus disease? :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

" I will buy in bulk if they can supply the years of manufacture for HEX's both Tula and Issy's that I desire. "

Good luck on that. You don't get a choice on case lots. You pays your money and takes your chances.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

How to cure someone of the hex is better than round, prewar better than postwar years disease is to place them in a cage with a hungry, pissed off wild lion and then offer them the use of a 1943 rough receiver sloppy stamped Soviet post war refurb 91/30 with flaking shellac. That rifle will instantly become the most desired rifle on the planet to them in a nanosecond :)
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I had a C&R for awhile and I don't miss it in the least! The real trouble would have come if I had it when I went through my divorce as she could have just asked to judge to see the log book and bingo. No books no agents possibly calling and no trouble getting what I want not refurbs. Too simple to not want one! Bill :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I don't miss it either Bill, it's nice not to be under Uncles supervision, yet I am still broke, why is that?
Theodore Roosevelt
notabiker

Post by notabiker »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:How to cure someone of the hex is better than round, prewar better than postwar years disease is to place them in a cage with a hungry, pissed off wild lion and then offer them the use of a 1943 rough receiver sloppy stamped Soviet post war refurb 91/30 with flaking shellac. That rifle will instantly become the most desired rifle on the planet to them in a nanosecond :)
yep nothing wrong with a run of the mill refurbished 91-30. just because they WERE plentiful does not mean they are not good rifles. very tired of mosin haters saying they are ugly. i think they are a hansom rifle myself.
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

Well I hope there's nothing wrong with a run of the mill refurbished 91-30, because I'm picking one up on Monday :D
KJProX

Post by KJProX »

My local pawn shop just got a shipment in and proudly placed a large sign outside saying that. I went in and looked at them then asked how much, was told $209 and they will probably only get one more shipment in then they won't be able to get anymore at all. :beek:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sounds like you better grab some while you can.
Theodore Roosevelt
evildog

Post by evildog »

Fin & Feather had a dozen in that were mainly 42-43's with one hex but their prices were running between $199-299. :shock: